Panamera 2010-Current

All season tires for Panamera 2010 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:03 PM
SubzeroX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All season tires for Panamera 2010 Turbo

I need to change out my tires - I live in central california where it gets hot to the 100s in summer, and cold into the 40s winter. I don't drive it in snow (unless I choose to go up yosemite during winter). However, it does rain and I need the car to be safe in the rain (wife drives it).

1) With the above conditions, do I even need an "all season" or can I do just fine with the summer tires?
2) Pirelli P zero? Pirelli P zero nero gt? Hankook Ventus V12? Continental DWS?

Oh and the car has aftermarket 21" rims
Old 09-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 985 Posts

You will probably be fine with a summer tire that can tolerate low temps into the 40’s. Pirelli’s are known for NOT being a good low temp tire. Michelin's are pretty good.

If you do choose all seasons, the DWS tires are pretty good. I run Michelin AS3+ tires and they are really very good, even on the track, pretty good in the wet, and OK in snow.

I guess if I were you and not worried about snow or anything below 40F, summer only tires would be my choice.

EDIT: You can pick a tire on tire rack that has the best wet performance for a summer tire to suit your most important requirement.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:32 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

considering your location and typical temps, i would always default to a more aggressive summer tire, but it is personal preference. you probably need to consider rain more than anything. dry conditions are what they are, but you will likely only encounter poor conditions based on rain. some wider, more aggressive tread blocks could cause you some issues - especially if you are not comfortable with that type of tire - in the rain that you may choose to avoid. as suggested, i have run Conti EXtremeContact DWs (and the V12) and found them to be a very good tire. something like that - considered a summer tire - might be a great choice. i just always want the handling when i'm weighing the options.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:28 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

also consider that fact that really only rains when it is colder - double whammy
Old 09-27-2018, 03:42 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

The Pilot Sport AS have been very impressive to me. I still have a set of winter specific tires I will be using this winter, and be going to a summer/winter set up.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:59 AM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
You will probably be fine with a summer tire that can tolerate low temps into the 40’s. Pirelli’s are known for NOT being a good low temp tire. Michelin's are pretty good.

If you do choose all seasons, the DWS tires are pretty good. I run Michelin AS3+ tires and they are really very good, even on the track, pretty good in the wet, and OK in snow.

I guess if I were you and not worried about snow or anything below 40F, summer only tires would be my choice.

EDIT: You can pick a tire on tire rack that has the best wet performance for a summer tire to , suit your most important requirement.
would give a +1 for the Michelin AS3+ they ran great on my 911!
Old 09-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Captain Obvious
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put Michelin AS3+ on my Vette from pilot super sports. Very happy with them

Quick Reply: All season tires for Panamera 2010 Turbo