Panamera 2010-Current

Nissan GTR DD ---> Panamera turbo DD

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 10:44 PM
rthruska
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan GTR DD ---> Panamera turbo DD

First post, I was looking for a new car because the GTR trans took a **** on me. I was thinking RS7, then some audi RS5 thing, even thought about a Mercedes GTS but got in a Porsche for the first time a couple weeks ago and found exactly what I was looking for. I need to take some pictures but at least have the one the dealer sent me before I went to go pick it up.

Absolutely love the car and haven't pushed it too much yet because I want to give it some miles first. I feel like the car keeps lifting up and down but I guess that's my fault for switching modes. Is there a way to get it to start in I or sport mode? Also I can't seem to get the I mode to save my settings. I'll call the dealer at some point but just wanted to introduce myself to you guys in the Porsche world that I have missed out on for so long.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:07 AM
dwwalker14335
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

You are consistent on the color, inside and out along with the red calipers. Enjoy the new ride! Looks great.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:39 AM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts

I believe your car should remember what mode hou turned it off. If left in comfort or sport, suspension will be same height.
if you left it in sport plus mode, suspension will be lower by 1.25 inch.
If you notice your car going uh p and down often, therd could be air suspension leak.
read my air suspension thread. Do bit of dia ghb nosis to see if your shocks are leaking. Good to know. Leaking suspension ends up with bad compressor.
After reading ask more questions
Old 09-26-2018, 04:05 AM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rthruska
First post, I was looking for a new car because the GTR trans took a **** on me. I was thinking RS7, then some audi RS5 thing, even thought about a Mercedes GTS but got in a Porsche for the first time a couple weeks ago and found exactly what I was looking for. I need to take some pictures but at least have the one the dealer sent me before I went to go pick it up.

Absolutely love the car and haven't pushed it too much yet because I want to give it some miles first. I feel like the car keeps lifting up and down but I guess that's my fault for switching modes. Is there a way to get it to start in I or sport mode? Also I can't seem to get the I mode to save my settings. I'll call the dealer at some point but just wanted to introduce myself to you guys in the Porsche world that I have missed out on for so long.

Unfortunately it won't start in "I" mode and resets to default everytime you turn off the car. No way of getting it to start at "I". Once you get your settings right, go into "drive" and hold onto "individual" and it will save. Should give some kind of audible tone. Then on the drivers side door, save to key and save to seat position.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:23 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Hit the suspension button on the console. The car always starts in the mode you leave the suspension in. You'll still need to change the mode to sport to get the quicker throttle response. Manually hitting the suspension button and changing the suspension mode to sport or sportplus the car will remember. Hopefully that's clear.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:28 PM
rthruska
8th Gear

very helpful, thanks everyone. It won't be long before I want to do some mods to the car and couldn't find much on the forums. Any suggestions?? Maybe a chip and intake/exhaust, although I like the look of the black tips on my sport exhaust so probably something pre-catback exhaust if that makes sense. I even used the search function and didn't find much, very different world than the GTR.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:05 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

i recognize that exact spot in the grapevine dealership. fantastic new building.
glw-the car.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:40 PM
rthruska
8th Gear

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
i recognize that exact spot in the grapevine dealership. fantastic new building.
glw-the car.
Cool, i'm on the other side in Fort Worth. definitely an impressive dealership
Old 10-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

As a daily driver I don't think there is a comparison at all. Totally different cars, but I love them both for different reasons!

I really considered a GTR before the PTTS, but ultimately after driving one, I think it would be fun short term but would get old as my main car. The GTR is just a bit too race car, and takes a lot more maintenance. I'm not saying that wouldn't be fun to drive to work every day, just that perhaps I've reached a point in my life where I want something a bit more quiet, with a large trunk area that is still fast!

Panamera > GT-R for use as an everyday car!
Old 10-01-2018, 11:59 PM
rthruska
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
As a daily driver I don't think there is a comparison at all. Totally different cars, but I love them both for different reasons!

I really considered a GTR before the PTTS, but ultimately after driving one, I think it would be fun short term but would get old as my main car. The GTR is just a bit too race car, and takes a lot more maintenance. I'm not saying that wouldn't be fun to drive to work every day, just that perhaps I've reached a point in my life where I want something a bit more quiet, with a large trunk area that is still fast!

Panamera > GT-R for use as an everyday car!

I completely agree. Cars can't be compared. The GTR was built for speed and performance, the interior was crap along with all the rattles and noises but I still enjoyed it. I daily drove my GTR for 5-6 years and now driving the panamera i'm not sure how I did that for so long. The GTR does have a large trunk btw. I might go back to the GTR for fun later but likely something else like a mclaren

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR DD ---> Panamera turbo DD