Panamera 2010-Current

How hard to sell

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 11:55 AM
DGPanny
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How hard to sell

Hey guys, I am probably going to trade or sell my 2011 Panamera 4S soon. Great car, but I really need to be able to seat 3 in the back and need a little bit more cargo space.

Anyway, mine lost the engine in February due to that Cam Adjuster bolt fiasco and it has a brand new engine in it with 3,500 miles. While it was out, I replace all the coils and the serpentine belt. Has a 12 month warranty on the new engine and I have documentation that it was a new one, not rebuilt.

Do you think this will help or hurt the resale value? And do you think it will be easier to sell to an individual vs trading it in. Just curious what your thoughts are.

thanks.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:34 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I tend to shy away from any car with a replaced engine. Too many question marks for me personally.
I think it hurts your resale. Unless it's a 100K mile + car then maybe it's a wash or helps slightly.

Trade might be a good option. I would consider that strongly. Might be a harder car for you to sell.

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2018, 04:33 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by c4racer
I tend to shy away from any car with a replaced engine. Too many question marks for me personally.
I think it hurts your resale. Unless it's a 100K mile + car then maybe it's a wash or helps slightly.

Trade might be a good option. I would consider that strongly. Might be a harder car for you to sell.

Good luck!
Agree 100% with this ^^^
Old 09-24-2018, 04:54 PM
DGPanny
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that is why I am asking. Car has 68k miles on it, engine has 3,500. Only thing that should help is it is a known defect associated with a recall. And it was all done at the Porsche dealer, but I get what you are saying. I'll see how the trade goes, if I don't get what I want for it, I will just keep it. Win either way.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:40 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Maybe a wash on value if you find the right buyer. But I do think the replacement will reduce the available market.

For some reason if it were a 996 / 997.1 with a replacement motor due to an IMS failure - that would increase the value. But that is maybe the only exception I can think of. At least for me personally.

Quick Reply: How hard to sell