Panamera 2010-Current

Input needed on this listing

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 06:13 PM
rajctt
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Input needed on this listing

We are seriously considering this 2015 CPO PGTS, 30K Miles for 67K.

Build sheet

Carfax

High resolution pics and videos

Here are my thoughts/concerns

1. I like almost everything about this car. Listing shows Turbo design wheels and build sheet shows Sport classic high gloss black wheels. Dealer will put the classic wheels back. I like that better. Red interior also works personally speaking.
2. I love the GTS driving experience. This car is out of state so I have not seen in person
3. There is a small bump on passenger side aluminium trim near dash
4. Even though its a CPO with decent miles, it sat on dealer lot for a long time, in spite of discounting. Dealer feels it's because of red interior.
5. Would have liked Lane change assist

Do you see any major concerns/gotchas? It's a mid-west based car, could there be weather/snow problem which is hard to find in the pics? Any personal experience with Napleton Westmont Porsche Dealership? Also, I am surprised dealer found the car so difficult to sell.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Last edited by rajctt; 09-08-2018 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:01 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

#3 - The aluminum trim pieces can be replaced.
#4 - That is possible. The red interior does not appeal to everyone. Red does not always photograph well and may look better in person.
#5 - It may have LCA as part of the Premium Package Plus option, including the reversing camera? On the driver's door, the top left button will activate/deactivate LCA

It was a California based car until recently from the Carfax. So, it has seen very little if any winter weather?
Old 09-08-2018, 09:24 PM
rajctt
Instructor

Thanks dudecs for the input. Your comments are insightful as always. You are correct, weather should not be an issue since it's a 1 owner California owned vehicle [that too the dry/desert Palm Spring area] bought by Chicago based dealer. Reversing camera is there as part of Premium Package Plus. Not sure whether LCA is part of it. Some GTS build sheets call it out explicitly.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:50 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

See this link on MSN.com. and select option for "Premium Package Plus (P45)"...
  • Porsche Entry & Drive smart card/smart key with keyless entry includes keyless starter with memory seat
  • Vehicle start button
  • Card key power locks
  • Includes:
  • [638] ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera
  • [343] Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
  • [541] Seat Ventilation (Front)
  • [457] Lane Change Assist (LCA)
  • [576] 4-Zone Climate Control
Old 09-08-2018, 11:17 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Looks like a pretty nice Panny.
Napleton is in a bit of chaos right now with their dealership building torn up for more than a year now, while building their extra-large new dealership building. They have a lot of their Porsche inventory stored in a nearby indoor warehouse, where customers cannot see them. So they do have some cars in inventory that coulda/shoulda/woulda have sold earlier. They expect construction of their new 60,000 sq ft building to be completed next month...
Old 09-09-2018, 12:25 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

beautiful car, only thing I see is the "wheel(s) repaired" I would like to know what that was about
Old 09-09-2018, 01:12 AM
rajctt
Instructor

Nice to know Lane Change assist is part of Premium Package Plus.

The "wheel repaired" on carfax dated 8/13/2018 is when the dealer swapped out the sport classic wheels with turbo wheels. Supposedly they put the sport wheels on another GTS [American Edition] for a faster sale. I have insisted that the dealer put the sport wheels back on this GTS and make it consistent with the build sheet. They have agreed to do that.

Thanks again for all your valuable feedback!
Old 09-10-2018, 07:14 PM
rajctt
Instructor

I am planning to pick up this car in couple of weeks. Is any of you located near the Westmont Porsche dealership (311 E Ogden Ave, Westmont, IL) and willing to check out the car before I pick up? The car is being sold as CPO - still it would be good for peace of mind for a fellow rennlister to attest to its quality.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:37 AM
ciaka
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 40 Posts

regardless of status sold, I strongly recommend inspection, so YOU can be sure what you are about to get.
Check suspension for leaking, drive it over bumps (at little faster speeds so you can hear any creaks/clunks), all maintenance done up to time/mileage.
Good shop that services Panameras will know where to look. You go to just any place, and they will not look right places.
Then, if you still like, pull the trigger and have a nice smile driving back home with it.

Quick Reply: Input needed on this listing