Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

new tires needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 09:29 PM
GVA-SFO
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Interesting, no words here about Pirelli PZero Rosso ! (N spec) !
I got my Panamera with these, ..and then, always kept the same, being so happy with these !

..To the point, that in our Cayenne (Turbo), ..I use the same tires, in 275/40, also N spec, (on 20 "RS Spyder" rims) ! (And also are very happy ..with this non standard setup.)
Old 09-06-2018, 01:49 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by pencarrow
I have a 2010 Panamera 4S with 46550 miles on the clock. the original tires are MICHLIN Pilot Super Sport. Anone suggest something else. this car is m yDD.
Cheers
Fritz
I read all the responses and it is not clear to me if you are looking for a super grip low mileage tire or one that will last longer (all season). When I went last April to the LA Porsche Driving Experience I was surprised that the 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid that I drove on their track/circuit had the Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires (which happen to be the set my car also came with). When I asked my instructor why they weren't using the Pirelli PZero tires his answer was for two reasons; 1. He said the PZero would not last more than a month or so and 2. He said the difference in performance isn't that great especially in their wet sections where the P7s actually do better. So far (3700 miles) I am very pleased with the P7 tires. They are quiet and really handle quite well. I spent five years tracking a 911 on all four top California tracks and I have to say I am very impressed with the Panamera handling. I have no intention of putting my car on a track so for me I will most likely stay with the P7 tires when I need to replace them.

Quick Reply: new tires needed