Panamera 2010-Current

Rear window electronic sun shade.. cant find the part

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 11:26 PM
atwong1
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

80% of my parts are here but they are from different cars so the colors varied. I am busy taking them apart for cleaning and then spray paint all of them black. Also test program of windows shade worked.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:03 PM
gregf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fatpan,

How effective do you think window tint is, as opposed to shades? I have 2015 that lives outside because we are out of garage space (the 911 and wife
's Macan get that). I am looking for solutions to minimize interior damage short of a car cover (really not practical for a daily driver) or building a carport.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:26 PM
fatpan
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gregf
fatpan,

How effective do you think window tint is, as opposed to shades? I have 2015 that lives outside because we are out of garage space (the 911 and wife
's Macan get that). I am looking for solutions to minimize interior damage short of a car cover (really not practical for a daily driver) or building a carport.
Yes, tint works well. My car is garaged but our other cars do well in the Arizona sun. Here in Arizona 33% VLT (Visual Light Transmitted) is the legal limit for the front two door, all other windows rear of the front doors can be tinted any VLT/Shading you would like. I like 35% on front doors and 20 to 22% on the rest back and side. Limo or 5% is just too dark for me and it alters rearview mirror use and at night hard to see in my opinion.

The key problem is effective UV protection. Tint that is not dark can still protect well. Interior protection is great but the heat is still hot when the car sits outside in the summer--- although better than no tint.. I don't use the electric shades on the rear doors or the center back. I do use a front window shade when parking. I do not have window tint on the windshield but that would help also.

I am sure the brand and type of tint makes all the difference on success of the tint but I will let other chime in on what is the best. Shades would be a hassle. If you are parking it, I bet there is a cover for just the window area you can throw over top of window vs a full car cover.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:21 AM
atwong1
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by gregf
fatpan,

Oh, tint is a must for that situation. The shades are more for privacy. Tint (with the right kind) can block UV and heat which are the main causes of damage and discoloration. However, I need to give you a tip. prior to tinting, install felt stripes on the rubber on the inside against the glass and let it cure for 4 days before putting tint on. Tint can be scratched by small sand debris that gets trapped in between the glass and the rubber. With the felt, it will not happen. However felt can be peeled off when opening and closing window if you did not wait at least 2 days to let it cure.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:48 PM
Jean Sykes
2nd Gear

Default I have both parts for sale if u are interested

[QUOTE=SubzeroX;15217016]So I tried looking everywhere and I can't find it. Can someone please link me the correct electronically operated up/down sun shade? My rear passenger side windows have it but the rear is missing it. Also the trunk cover I can't find. Do they come together? Separate? Can someone pretty please link me or provide the part numbers?

thanks in advance

Good day Sir I believe I have both you are looking for sale please call me on 346 285 2985 or email me on jeansykes007@gmail.com
Old 08-21-2020, 03:49 PM
Jean Sykes
2nd Gear

Default I have both parts for sale if u are interested

[QUOTE=SubzeroX;15217016]So I tried looking everywhere and I can't find it. Can someone please link me the correct electronically operated up/down sun shade? My rear passenger side windows have it but the rear is missing it. Also the trunk cover I can't find. Do they come together? Separate? Can someone pretty please link me or provide the part numbers?

thanks in advance

Good day Sir I believe I have both you are looking for sale please call me on 346 285 2985 or email me on jeansykes007@gmail.com

Quick Reply: Rear window electronic sun shade.. cant find the part