Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera Seat Comfort vs. Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 02:18 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Panamera Seat Comfort vs. Cayenne

I took my 2018 E-Hybrid in to see if they could solve my Homelink problem and also have all my software updated. They wound up keeping the car over the weekend due to needing to perform two "campaigns" that Porsche has issued (one for the battery coolant hose and one related to the PASM). I haven't had any problems but the dealer said best to perform the "campaigns" anyway.

They gave me a 2018 Cayenne Platinum Edition as a loaner. Not a huge fan of the Cayenne but I have to say the front seats are among the most comfortable I've ever experienced. They are listed on the data sheet as "8 Way Power Sport Seats" with Alcantara centers and they really give great support. On my Panamera I opted for the full leather interior and the 14 way seats. They are fairly comfortable but not nearly as good as the Cayenne seats. Guess I'm wondering why that would be the case for a car that costs twice as much???
The following users liked this post:
poolie (03-20-2021)
Old 08-05-2018, 03:09 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 40 Posts

I have both the Cayenne turbo and panamera turbo. Cayenne turbo seats are by far more comfortable than Panamera, no question.
However, seat comfort does reflect intention of the car use as well, so if you are aiming for performance, Panamera is your choice. If you aim for comfort, some spirited driving, kids, etc, then Cayenne is your baby for sure.
I had the Cayenne, intended to sell when got Panamera, but wife wanted to keep it, so we have both.
delray993tt (04-29-2021)
Old 08-05-2018, 07:52 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is somewhat surprising figuring the seats should be somewhat similar (at least the 14 way ones) The Panny's seats are pretty comfortable, and I also was given a loaner Cayenne for a day and didn't notice a difference. Granted, with all of the adjustments that are possible, the comfort of a seat really is subject to its settings.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:05 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 40 Posts

Seats are very different. Cayenne are wider and deeper, with more padding.
My sport seats in Panamera keeps me locked in there, cant even get out of the car.
My sport seats in Cayenne are comfy and slidable any time, more rooma nd more cushion.

Originally Posted by NJS_04_996
That is somewhat surprising figuring the seats should be somewhat similar (at least the 14 way ones) The Panny's seats are pretty comfortable, and I also was given a loaner Cayenne for a day and didn't notice a difference. Granted, with all of the adjustments that are possible, the comfort of a seat really is subject to its settings.
poolie (03-20-2021)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:02 PM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

the biggest difference between the 14 way and the 18 way sport seats are the adjustable side supports. That was the reason why I opted for the sport seats - as ciaka says, the seat keeps me locked in the seat. amazing feeling. love it!
Old 08-06-2018, 11:44 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahhh, I don't have the sport seats in my Panny.....
Old 08-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS_04_996
Saw an interview with one of the lead Porsche GT car designers. He was talking about seat comfort. He essentially said that the more motors in the seat (18 way etc.), the less padding you get. It’s one of the reasons people rave about the 4 way Sport Seats. There is subjective debate about the non vented seats being more comfortable. The subject is further muddied by the fact that the non vented seat centers are often cloth/alacantra etc.
poolie (03-20-2021)
Old 08-10-2018, 11:48 AM
Botox
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the 18 way adjustable in my Cayenne Turbo S 2016 and now have the 14 way in my 2018 Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid with massage function, and the Panamera seats are just incredible. I never could get fully comfortable in the cayenne seats, mainly with thigh region.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:34 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14

Saw an interview with one of the lead Porsche GT car designers. He was talking about seat comfort. He essentially said that the more motors in the seat (18 way etc.), the less padding you get. It’s one of the reasons people rave about the 4 way Sport Seats. There is subjective debate about the non vented seats being more comfortable. The subject is further muddied by the fact that the non vented seat centers are often cloth/alacantra etc.
I think you are completely correct. The Cayenne loaner did have non ventilated seats and they were cloth/alcantara. They also didn't appear to have many adjustments compared with my Panamera 14 way seats. The primary difference is the Cayenne seats were much softer and for me did seem more comfortable. My car has the fully upgraded leather interior so that might also be contributing to the firmness.
poolie (03-20-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 09:15 PM
Ruikosta
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello i believe you’re my gift from god since you have both .... 🤞🏼😅 I just signed in to this forum I want to buy panamera or a cayenne which one has a comfier ride air suspension with pdcc ? I live in Jordan and the roads are a bit on the rough side , I never drove any of these cars I recently sold my m3 x5 and 911 I am done with hard back crushing rides
Thanks in advance

QUOTE=ciaka;15192793]I have both the Cayenne turbo and panamera turbo. Cayenne turbo seats are by far more comfortable than Panamera, no question.
However, seat comfort does reflect intention of the car use as well, so if you are aiming for performance, Panamera is your choice. If you aim for comfort, some spirited driving, kids, etc, then Cayenne is your baby for sure.
I had the Cayenne, intended to sell when got Panamera, but wife wanted to keep it, so we have both.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-02-2021, 08:29 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Agree

I have just a base 95 Cayenne and a 12 P4S. The Panny seats are more adjustable but the Cayenne seats are, I swear, more comfortable. Better than a 997.1 C2S, too. Softer.

Quick Reply: Panamera Seat Comfort vs. Cayenne