Panamera 2010-Current

DIY: Panamera turbo front final drive fluid change

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 03:31 AM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts
Default DIY: Panamera turbo front final drive fluid change

Today I did front final drive gear oil change.
This DIY will show you how I did it.

Since I had a hard time to access the drain plug, I removed fill plug and used a pump to suck out the final drive oil.
Worked really well, and helped avoid messy drain, which puts oil onto the lower axle carrier frame too.
FSM calls for change quantity of 0.42L, and I managed to remove about that much from the drive, so I feel confident I got it all.
Used empty oil can go suck old oil into it, and another empty oil can to put same amount of new oil it, making sure I fill with what I removed.
I actually filled the new oil can with maybe 1/4" more oil, to accommodate for some oil that pump cannot take out of can, and some oil left in tubing.

Oil used for change: Mobil Delvac 1 full synthetic gear oil 75W-90 (direct cross reference to Shell TF0951 - factory fill oil)
Oil refill quantity: 0.42L (bit less than half a quart)
New fill plug part number: N 902 818 02
Fill plug tighten torque: 25.8 ft/lbs
Fill plug removal tool: ratchet, extensions (at least 6"), 5mm hex socket, shop towels

Look at this DIY before you do the change. Make sure you have all materials and time to do it. Expect about an hour to hour and a half to complete.
Let us know if you have comments. Thank you.

Quick Reply: DIY: Panamera turbo front final drive fluid change