Panamera 2010-Current

2017 Porsche Panamera 4S Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 03:30 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
assuming you didn’t buy that car becuase it just got price reduced. Here is the build sheet with all the options. It’s missing a few I would call must have, like RAS. I am surprised the car has everything blacked out but didn’t get the PDLS+ in black.

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A...79HL123909.pdf
Still thinking about it. The accident on there and paying for some options I don't really need has me setting on the fence. The price seems to be the same $107k as before though - did you see it lower somewhere?
Old 08-12-2018, 04:05 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

My mistake, I saw “special price” and assumed it was marked down.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:12 PM
amelen
Pro

My mistake, I saw “special price” and assumed it was marked down.
They haven't been too flexible on the pricing, but I guess the price is already fair given the accident and if you want all of those options.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:26 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

the bordeaux red is also why it is not moving. People can have a preference for it but the fact remains that these cars always take longer to sell because the buyers who like it are outnumbered by the buyers who do not.

If you like it, give it another 10 days and check in with them on pricing.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:05 PM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

assuming you didn’t buy that car becuase it just got price reduced. Here is the build sheet with all the options. It’s missing a few I would call must have, like RAS. I am surprised the car has everything blacked out but didn’t get the PDLS+ in black.

https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A...79HL123909.pdf
pdls+ in black only was available for production as of Q4/2017.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:03 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

the bordeaux red is also why it is not moving. People can have a preference for it but the fact remains that these cars always take longer to sell because the buyers who like it are outnumbered by the buyers who do not.

If you like it, give it another 10 days and check in with them on pricing.
You may be right that the Bordeaux Red interior is possibly holding buyers back but I think it is more about the fact the car was involved in an accident. I personally would never buy a used car if I knew it had been in a "serious" accident. Minor cosmetic damage (door dings, slightly scraped wheels or front/rear underbody) maybe, but if any panels/fenders/bumpers had to be replaced then no way would I consider that car regardless of a price discount. The OP should get very specific details about exactly what kind of accident the car was involved in and what parts were replaced, etc. I would be forever worrying about any squeaks or funny handling, etc. However, that's just my opinion.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:05 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
You may be right that the Bordeaux Red interior is possibly holding buyers back but I think it is more about the fact the car was involved in an accident. I personally would never buy a used car if I knew it had been in a "serious" accident. Minor cosmetic damage (door dings, slightly scraped wheels or front/rear underbody) maybe, but if any panels/fenders/bumpers had to be replaced then no way would I consider that car regardless of a price discount. The OP should get very specific details about exactly what kind of accident the car was involved in and what parts were replaced, etc. I would be forever worrying about any squeaks or funny handling, etc. However, that's just my opinion.

Hard to really know - the car was side-swiped while in the care of the dealership (so not much of a paper trail). It doesn't seem major, but at the same time probably not just cosmetic either. The front bumper was most likely replaced.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:59 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by amelen
Hard to really know - the car was side-swiped while in the care of the dealership (so not much of a paper trail). It doesn't seem major, but at the same time probably not just cosmetic either. The front bumper was most likely replaced.
The key question for me would be was there any damage to the frame or suspension. "Side swiped" sounds pretty serious to me.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:08 AM
rsyed
Racer

Having read some of the postings, I wonder how guys deal with your cars once it was involved in an accident? sell it? :-)

Let us get the facts straight:
1) it is a 2017 build - very very complete build (or at least for European standards)
2) it was involved in an accident
3) it was repaired by the dealership selling it
4) considering 1) the price of the car is very good compared to other cars at the same age with the same extras.

So let us assume that the car was insured the time of the accident and that the insurance would pay for the repairs. Why would the the car dealership want to not repair the car that would yield the best possible result? and why would the insurance not total the car if there was any damage to the frame? Fact is that it has been repaired by the dealership and any cracks and weird noises you hear can also be what any new owner hears on their panemeras. One could argue that the chances are higher on a car that was repaired but hey, a test drive would sort that out.

and most importantly, any porsche dealership would replace the bumpers if there were scratches from damages while the car was parked at the supermarket. To guarantee the best paint job, Porsche and other main car makers instruct to just replace the bumper and repaint the whole new bumper. So replacing the bumper does not give that much indication how much damage was initally.

But point is, the accident has been accounted for in the price of the car. honestly speaking, I would rather buy cheaply and own a car that was involved in an accident than buy new and be involved in an accident and then own a car that was repaired. So my 2 cents: test drive the car and if you like it, try to negotiate the price further south and close the deal :-)
Old 08-14-2018, 11:12 AM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by rsyed
Having read some of the postings, I wonder how guys deal with your cars once it was involved in an accident? sell it? :-)

1) it is a 2017 build - very very complete build (or at least for European standards)
4) considering 1) the price of the car is very good compared to other cars at the same age with the same extras.

So let us assume that the car was insured the time of the accident and that the insurance would pay for the repairs. Why would the the car dealership want to not repair the car that would yield the best possible result? and why would the insurance not total the car if there was any damage to the frame? Fact is that it has been repaired by the dealership and any cracks and weird noises you hear can also be what any new owner hears on their panemeras. One could argue that the chances are higher on a car that was repaired but hey, a test drive would sort that out.

and most importantly, any porsche dealership would replace the bumpers if there were scratches from damages while the car was parked at the supermarket. To guarantee the best paint job, Porsche and other main car dealers just replace the bumper and repaint the whole new bumper. So replacing the bumper does not give that much indication.

But point is, the accident has been accounted for in the price of the car. honestly speaking, I would rather buy cheaply and own a car that was involved in an accident than buy new and be involved in an accident and then own a car that was repaired. So my 2 cents: test drive the car and if you like it, try to negotiate the price further south and close the deal :-)
Good summary/analysis. Thanks for the info - I'm pretty much on the same page. I just need to work out the pricing with the dealership to see if we can come to a mutually agreed point.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:20 AM
rsyed
Racer

Originally Posted by amelen
The accident on there and paying for some options I don't really need has me setting on the fence.?
or you can see it like: you are getting extras for free that you would not have ordered yourself? :-)

honestly, apart from the PRSE, all the other major items on the list are things are assets that a buyer from you will appreciate and therefore will be willing to pay more for: 21" alloys, sports design package, sports exhaust, carbon package, PDCC...
Old 08-14-2018, 01:32 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

and most importantly, any porsche dealership would replace the bumpers if there were scratches from damages while the car was parked at the supermarket. To guarantee the best paint job, Porsche and other main car makers instruct to just replace the bumper and repaint the whole new bumper. So replacing the bumper does not give that much indication how much damage was initally.

So you make some good points, but for me, I don't buy used cars. Insurance companies will almost never total a car unless the repair costs exceed the value of the car. Body shops will tell you they can repair frame and suspension damage but the reality if you talk with an "expert" is the car will never be quite the same. Frame damage is more common than most people realize and it doesn't necessarily show up on an aggressive test drive. Typically down the road (no pun intended) there will be alignment problems and uneven tire wear and you can definitely feel these things when you drive it and they will be annoying. I believe the law in California requires a seller to reveal if the car has ever been in an accident if the buyer asks. Not all accidents show up on CarFax reports. Obviously this is a personal decision but for this kind of money, why take a chance??
Old 08-14-2018, 04:50 PM
rsyed
Racer

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
why take a chance??
Because you save quite a bit of money. The discount is huge. But yes if you don't want to take a risk and you are willing to pay 20K more then that is the way forward for you. On the other hand 20k more on your bank account should help comfort you if you have any concerns whether the car might have any problems
Old 08-14-2018, 07:54 PM
hme
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because you save quite a bit of money. The discount is huge. But yes if you don't want to take a risk and you are willing to pay 20K more then that is the way forward for you. On the other hand 20k more on your bank account should help comfort you if you have any concerns whether the car might have any problems
If you are worried then don't buy it - especially with luxury cars.

Quick Reply: 2017 Porsche Panamera 4S Pricing