Panamera 2010-Current

Advice on this GTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 05:29 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by rajctt
2014 Turbo with PDCC - 12K Miles going for 72K as discussed previously. I am in touch with dealer who seems quite responsive. The build is 185K. So this car is worth 40% of original value in 4-5 years. Is this normal or too good to be true?

I have also asked him for a PPI report since one was done recently.
Seems like a solid deal just based on the numbers.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:32 PM
lexhair
Pro

Attached is the report that dealer shared on 2014 Turbo with PDCC. Pretty concerning. for a vehicle with barely 12K miles, rear tires are at 0 mm, vehicle vibrates heavily under braking (needs all 4 brakes), A/C wasn't working fine. Lot of broken stuff on a low mileage vehicle which is abnormal. I am thinking of passing. What do you think?
Ugly. Personally, I'd go for one that's CPO and pass on this. That's a big nut for something that's not squeaky clean.
rajctt
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you look at the PDF vehicle inspection attachment that I received from dealer. Do check that out. I am kinda shocked by it
lexhair
Pro

Did you look at the PDF vehicle inspection attachment that I received from dealer. Do check that out. I am kinda shocked by it
Our posts passed in the ethernet. Timing is everything.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:35 PM
rajctt
Instructor

I agree with you to pass!! The numbers were looking too good to be true. 71K price on 185K build in 4-5 years is too good to be true.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:22 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Attached is the report that dealer shared on 2014 Turbo with PDCC. Pretty concerning. for a vehicle with barely 12K miles, rear tires are at 0 mm, vehicle vibrates heavily under braking (needs all 4 brakes), A/C wasn't working fine. Lot of broken stuff on a low mileage vehicle which is abnormal. I am thinking of passing. What do you think?
Wow, that car has been ridden hard and put away wet. Pass for sure.

I agree that price is a little too good to be true. As a reference, this is the Turbo S I bought three months ago for $83.5k. I have been under the car and it's flawless underneath as well as above. The only issue I had was a undisclosed nail in a rear tire which the seller paid to replace the tire. The dealer I had replace the rear tire said it was the cleanest '14 they have seen.

I spent nearly a year waiting and searching for the right car. Be patient and be ready, the right car will eventually turn up.

Last edited by small car lover; 06-25-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added text and fixed typos
Old 06-26-2018, 03:22 PM
rajctt
Instructor

Here's a GTS I am reviewing very closely

CPO 2015 GTS Carmine Red/Black with 35K miles

3 min video - condition looks pretty good

Build sheet attached - CPO until Nov 2020

I like most things about this car. Ideally would have wanted alcantara with GTS stitching and Sport steering wheel - but not a deal breaker.
Given it's CPO and 2500 miles away - would you buy it blind without a test drive?
Any other things (mileage, options etc) I should consider before making a decision?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
CPO.pdf (43.4 KB, 69 views)
Old 06-26-2018, 06:38 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Here's a GTS I am reviewing very closely

CPO 2015 GTS Carmine Red/Black with 35K miles

3 min video - condition looks pretty good

Build sheet attached - CPO until Nov 2020

I like most things about this car. Ideally would have wanted alcantara with GTS stitching and Sport steering wheel - but not a deal breaker.
Given it's CPO and 2500 miles away - would you buy it blind without a test drive?
Any other things (mileage, options etc) I should consider before making a decision?

Thanks!
It looks like an honest car one owner car. The condition seems reasonably well cared for given the miles. It's tough to buy a car without seeing it first. You can ask about how they would deal with not accepting the car if there was some issues that was previously undisclosed. In the end you will have to make a decision if you trust the word of the dealer. That they are representing the car accurately. Given the car is still under factory warranty mechanical issues will be covered. I noticed the plugs were recently changed so that is saving you an expense. If they service the car as they described in the video you should be good for a couple years with only oil changes (depending on how many miles you drive).

Depending on where you live you may come to appreciate the heated steering wheel and cooled seats in place of the alcantara. Is there any room on the price? The price seems in the ballpark but maybe a little high given the miles. I have noticed GTS models seem to depreciate the least of all the Panamera models.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:52 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

rajctt, The car looks amazing. I thought I would let you know that I have some experience with this dealer. For what it is worth, they have a very good reputation and are the go-to dealer in that area of the country. Many people I know In Pittsburgh go to Cleveland to work with this dealer. Good luck and we will watch to see what you decide. If I lived closer to Cleveland, I would go look at the car for you.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:19 PM
rajctt
Instructor

Thank you for the feedback, and vouching for Porsche of Beachwood!!

Below is another car in close consideration. Initially I was put off by the negative Yelp reviews of this non-Porsche dealer. But the car looked too good and I contacted them anyways. They have been promptly answering my questions, including Facetime and producing a 2 min video on demand.

I really like the spec level and condition (pictures, Facetime and video). Looks almost new.
I will get a PPI done by Loeber Porsche in Chicago should I pursue further (they charge $430).

Non CPO 2015 GTS, 25K miles, 74K - http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1cf9f441
2 min video:
Carfax attached

What do you think?
Attached Images
cf.pdf (339.3 KB, 73 views)
Old 06-26-2018, 10:45 PM
small car lover
Instructor

I like the spec of the silver car but I think the condition of the red car is slightly better from what we can see in the pictures. What concerns me about the silver car is the carfax. Why was this car turned over four times in 3.5 years? The second owner is listed as a lease yet it was turned back in after 2 months. The car went from Tennessee to Illinois to Florida to Pennsylvania. I'm concerned there is a story with this car we don't know about.

I vote for the red car. It comes across as an honest car. There are no ... red flags... (no pun intended) with that car.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:16 AM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

red
Old 06-27-2018, 05:16 PM
rajctt
Instructor

For the silver car, I mailed the dealer today
Message to dealer: this car has moved 4 different states in its short life. And it is back in Illinois now. Seems odd.

Response from dealer: I can completely understand your concern. However, it is very common that someone will lease a vehicle brand new, only keep it for a year then trade it back in. From there a dealer may send it to auction where it could get purchased by another dealer in another state and/or that dealer will title it in their name... I have attached the CARFAX for a 2015 Porsche Cayenne Turbo we have that has a similar situation. As you will see, this was a one owner vehicle, however, we had to title it in our name in order to turn around and sell it, therefor we are listed as the "second owner"
You are also more than welcome to have a pre purchase inspection performed on the vehicle to ensure its present quality and condition, for additional peace of mind. This can be done at the local Porsche dealer or any certified mechanic.

My question: How reliable is PPI from Porsche dealer? Can anything major go undetected and bite the new owner?

I do appreciate all the feedback so far. Keep them coming!!
Attached Images
ctt.pdf (351.9 KB, 72 views)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Just make sure you et a PPI from someone other than whom your buying it from, and a dealer if possible.

I would 100% get the Alcantara interior, and probably the red interior trim since its a GTS only option; however, I'm bias to the Turbo models. If you're going GTS though, make it exclusive.

That price seems high for the mileage. I would search for the exact car and the right deal. One owner, full service records, for a 2015 I'd want closer to 20,000 miles, but you might have to pay for that. There are so many options available it takes some time to find the right car with everything you want when you're buying used.

I've seen 2014-2015 Turbo's with low milage around $80,000 so I'd be looking at that, if I was going to spend that much. I found a 2012 Turbo S with under 30,000 miles for $59,000 and a $186,000 sticker. 1 owner, brand new brakes and rotors, all recalls performed, and all service records and service history kept. The pain is near perfect and has a full frontal clear bra. I couldn't be happier. I looked for about 3 years for the right car, at the right time, with all the right option boxes checked, which is way harder than you would think, and slummed it in an RS7 until I found her.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:04 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Just got our '13 GTS Friday. They put all new tires, front brakes, some suspension parts and brought service up to date. Wheels were refinished. In all, $5k in work plus the cost of the CPO. A real beast!

Quick Reply: Advice on this GTS