Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Does TECHART tuning void factory warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 12:02 PM
Mubes
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does TECHART tuning void factory warranty?

Hi guys, I’m trying to find out exactly as to whether getting a performance tune done on my 971 turbo by TECHART voids the original factory engine warranty?

I seem to be getting misleading information from all over. According to my dealer sale contact the bumper to bumper warranty remains intacted but engine warranty will be voided? Then I’ve called Porsche Canada and they’ve told me the warranty is does not get voided I just don’t know who to take seriously or who actually truly looked into it before giving me their answer. Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Last edited by Mubes; 06-18-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 06-19-2018, 12:32 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

It does not void the warranty, unless....

...you are specifically trying to make a warranty claim due to a problem directly (or indirectly) linked to the aftermarket tinkering. If you develop a problem with your car, and a Porsche service department attributes it to anything non-OEM, Porsche will not honor the warranty claim.

However, If if you try to make a warranty claim about something that has absolutely no link to your aftermarket tinkering, the warranty claim will still be honored.

So it depends on the cause of the problem.

There is no situation where the entire warranty of the entire car would be voided full stop unless the vehicle was a salvage title. Abuse and negligence will also factor into individual claims, and that is a grey area at the discretion of the dealer.

Keep in mind, dealers want to make warranty claims. While they often get paid an hourly rate slightly less than the customer-pay rate, warranty claims are a substantial part of dealer revenue nonetheless.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:15 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your dealer performs the TechArt tune, they will be more likely to honour the warranty. You might want to check out Pfaff Porsche.

Quick Reply: Does TECHART tuning void factory warranty?