Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Dealership took my car home.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts

So what did the SA say when you told him the car hasn't been sleeping at the dealership......Phil
Old 06-07-2018, 08:08 PM
MAXIME75US
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He just said that they drove it the car was sleeping at dealership... I told him no it was not. He said maybe yesterday the technician took it... I can tell he was uncomfortable...
he kept his line, saying that the car was at dealership.
Then I told him, the car has a tracking device... He was like.... Oh ****....
Old 06-07-2018, 08:14 PM
venom914
Instructor

To replicate issues and reset certain monitors and so on it is understandable that the car has to be driven and road tested but definitely a bit sketchy that it has been visiting what seems to be like personal locations. Road testing should be done between service hours and IF needed, extended road testing should be done with owner consent, especially if over night to take home. I've seen a Touareg TDI need nearly 800 miles of road use before it was able to reset monitors and pass emissions in NY. If they are trying to replicate issues or concerns they may twist it and say that they were putting regular daily driving on it to try and replicate but with these being more high line vehicles, I would expect the dealers to have a higher standard of care. If it moves overnight I would definitely take it to the next level.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:56 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 243 Likes on 159 Posts

I've had the dealership take
Old 06-08-2018, 05:11 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My business partner reminded me he had a similar issue on his 2015 SE Hybrid, they it cleared, but the dealership suggested they keep it and drive it for a few days so they had it when the issue flashed up. He didn't fancy that so declined and waited for recurrence.
Probably doing that, surprised they didn't tell you though, that's not good.

In the end they changed some charging module, and then the battery. They had his car for 52 days. At the time he had had it about a month from new.
- One cell outputting 0.2v more than it should.

tell them to check the output voltage on the cells
Old 06-08-2018, 05:20 AM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Maxime75us, what app are you using to track your car?
Old 06-08-2018, 06:55 PM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

BTW, your situation reminded me of what happen at this Audi dealership.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/mec...shcam-38462337
Old 06-10-2018, 09:35 AM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knowspin
Maxime75us, what app are you using to track your car?
Presumably the Porsche Car Connect app?
Old 06-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-13-2018, 05:25 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Any update! Really interested to see the outcome of this.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:19 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I hope they put gas in it.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:03 AM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...omePageTab=buy
Pretty ghetto home. I would call the police and say that your car was stolen. I don't think the dealership realized it. Momentum or West Houston?
Yeah, but convenient to AutoZone, for all those high class accessories.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:26 AM
MAXIME75US
Intermediate

HI All,

The App is Car Connect. All SE Hybrid have factory trackers... Which is pretty cool.
You can fence, speed limit, locate, lock your car and / or turn on AC/Heat and more

When I went to get the car after receiving an email that the car was ready. I am, then, at dealership and the car was not ready. Being detailed which was nice but the CS tells me can you stay around for an hour or two and your car will be ready... .... .... NO...
I came back the next day. The CS guy is nice but is not always quite in his right mind. On a previous occasion, He was asking me to call him to check if one)( oart has arrived... In my mind, I was thinking , why does he simply call me when part has arrived... weird.... or....weird....or just lack of....

Anyway When I got my car back, S Manager was not here nor the S. guy so I got the car back and left... The car had an additional 200 miles.
PNA called me to follow up and questioned me to know if someone from S department had called me or talked to me , I said NO
PNA called again a few days later and asked again if someone had contacted me....NO
So One day a sale guy called me to see if I had time to pass by to test drive the new 4E, I said no and not willing too much to give business to this dealership... blablabla
20 minutes later, GM called me, S. manager called me and so on...

Funny, not funny
Old 06-20-2018, 06:39 AM
MAXIME75US
Intermediate

and yes they refuel the tank, full and detailed the car...
Which is nice but after all, an email to let me know that the car was travelling would have been simply nice

I expect the car to be tested but if more than 50 miles they should email you as a courtesy and if the car is leaving the dealership they should email you and ask for permission...
Why, well, because when they give me a loaner, they appreciate the fact that I give my DL, my CC and proof of insurance.
Let me tell you, being dramatic, but if the dealership guy takes the car and kills someone by accident, I really do not want my life to go to **** because the victim`s lawyer will hunt whomever he can in order to collect and me as the owner of the car can under special circumstances be responsible. So I would have been quite pleased to know which kind of coverage they have, as they do check mine when i take a loaner.

Short story long, I have to go back because 2 small parts have been ordered.
Almost forgot, 1 dent on roof and one scratch near the hybrid plug that I did not know of...
I did ask them to fix another two scratches" that they previously did and know of but never fixed.
I am quite tired to complain with them so I did let go about the previous line...

As I conclude my conversation with GM, I said it is quite uncomfortable to complain. They always drag their feet to take their responsibility...
So now, let`s see what the next chapter will be. If they do not make it right, I will go to Porsche North Houston.

TIRED OF COMPLAINING in order to have a normal basic decent service
Old 06-20-2018, 09:37 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

This whole thread is like the TV show LOST.

Quick Reply: Dealership took my car home.