Panamera 2010-Current

Center caps for aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:50 PM
fuelaaron
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center caps for aftermarket wheels

I just purchased some 22" Asanti wheels for my Panamera and I'm trying to find some gloss black Porsche center caps with the gold emblem that will work with the wheels. My stock Mercedes center caps fit in the Asanti wheels perfectly but of course the Panamera centers I bought don't fit and after searching every OEM Porsche cap I could find it seems none of them will work. Does anyone know of anyone that sells caps that will work? Is there someone that makes custom stuff? I've searched and searched but can only come up with OEM Porsche stuff that doesn't work.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:07 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

maybe only way is -
Amazon Amazon

or similar method
Old 06-06-2018, 12:23 PM
fuelaaron
AutoX

This is what OEM looks like which I love but unfortunately it's just too big.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:24 PM
fuelaaron
AutoX

Originally Posted by K777
maybe only way is - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clissic-POR.../dp/B013C761KU

or similar method
I really hope it doesn't come down to having to use it sticker or piece of vinyl wrap but it might. If that was the only option and it ended up looking tacked on I would likely just leave them blank.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:15 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelaaron
I really hope it doesn't come down to having to use it sticker or piece of vinyl wrap but it might. If that was the only option and it ended up looking tacked on I would likely just leave them blank.
yeah, I would agree, if you could get a thin sticker might be almost un-noticeable.
Unless you could turn down some genuine ones.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:34 PM
DrBillyD
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelaaron
I just purchased some 22" Asanti wheels for my Panamera and I'm trying to find some gloss black Porsche center caps with the gold emblem that will work with the wheels. My stock Mercedes center caps fit in the Asanti wheels perfectly but of course the Panamera centers I bought don't fit and after searching every OEM Porsche cap I could find it seems none of them will work. Does anyone know of anyone that sells caps that will work? Is there someone that makes custom stuff? I've searched and searched but can only come up with OEM Porsche stuff that doesn't work.
Ran into this with OZ wheels I use on my Cayenne for winter tires. Bought some center caps and they'd sit in the center "socket" of the wheel but the retaining tabs on the caps wouldn't engage.

Solution: I took some silicone caulk/glue and used it on the tabs. Worked all last winter; no caps lost.

YMMV.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:14 PM
fuelaaron
AutoX

Originally Posted by DrBillyD
Ran into this with OZ wheels I use on my Cayenne for winter tires. Bought some center caps and they'd sit in the center "socket" of the wheel but the retaining tabs on the caps wouldn't engage.

Solution: I took some silicone caulk/glue and used it on the tabs. Worked all last winter; no caps lost.

YMMV.
This may end up being my best option if I can find some that fit. The OEM ones I bought are so close but just a hair too big.
Old 04-01-2024, 12:52 PM
Digger38
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you guys ever find a solution to getting a Porsche center cap to fit an HRE wheel (or basically a source for custom size Porsche wheel center cap)? Thank you.

Quick Reply: Center caps for aftermarket wheels