Panamera 2010-Current

6 disc multiplayer will not play DVD audiobooks

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 11:34 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Default 6 disc multiplayer will not play DVD audiobooks

My Panamera has the 6 disc multi-player in the luggage compartment. This was a pre-specced 4 E-Hybrid standard saloon I bought, when the delivery of the 4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo I originally ordered, seemed to have drifted into the next eon. It originally had the rear screens, where I did a deal to hand those back as not required but the 6 disc player, which comes as part of the rear seat entertainment package, obviously remained in place. When I do long journeys, I like to listen to audiobooks, so I loaded 4 DVD's of audiobooks into the player. The message came up that these were not readable. Oddly they are readable by the single disc player in the glove compartment. I have put them into a computer to check what they are and as they have 4.55GB capacity they must be DVD's and the format is UDF (Universal Disc Format). The actual audio files on the discs are bog standard MP3 files, with no performing rights lock on the files, which most disc players have been able to read for many years.

Anyone got any idea why the 6 disc player would not play these? Is there a setting in the murky depths of the PCM menu system, that I need to tweak to get them to play?

Wilson

Quick Reply: 6 disc multiplayer will not play DVD audiobooks