Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Centre Touch Panel - Smear under glass??

Old 05-14-2018, 08:54 AM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centre Touch Panel - Smear under glass??

Noticed today in "direct light" that there appears to be a smudge / smear however you describe it under the glass of the touch panel below the centre vent. it is close to the top edge which suggests it could be excess material they've used to bond the glass to the material beneath it, well that's what it looks like. anyone got similar on their 2017/18 cars? I've sent pictures to the dealer as I'm assuming it is not supposed to be like that and its a warranty claim.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:17 PM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmm....just got back home.....realized that the "mark" is literally only visible in the VERY brightest and direct sunlight at a specific angle which it must have been when i noticed, now i realize why i've never seen this before in 1 years ownership.

Tried to see if i could see it by shining a bright LED torch on panel...nope just looks jet black and normal......if i go back to the dealer with this they are going to think i'm nuts as they won't be able to see anything!!! maybe i just leave it. I do have the pictures i suppose.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:03 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would point it out, it will drive you mad as you will see it all the time now, maybe get them to change it when your GPS antenna fails and they dismantle the dash.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Centre Touch Panel - Smear under glass??