Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/)
-   -   My 971 Panamera Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/1068492-my-971-panamera-turbo.html)

EmMHoLLa 05-13-2018 09:25 AM

My 971 Panamera Turbo

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this bad boy up a few weeks ago after flirting with a 4S. For me the power/power band was not something I could live with especially after driving V8's for the past decade. Any way a few mods. Satin Black wrap with gloss black trim/wheels.

Attachment 1281152

Aviaros21 05-13-2018 09:57 PM

Holy bat mobile. Nice!
enjoy in great health

RDS928S 05-14-2018 06:56 AM

Pretty sweet. Flat blk wrap?

2010panny4S 05-15-2018 01:41 PM

Looks satin

EmMHoLLa 05-15-2018 07:11 PM

Thanks guys.. It's Satin Black with Gloss black trim.. I'm loving the Turbo. It has an unlimited amount of power it's insane..

One thing I must add is that the steering feel could be better. It's smooth but coming from a hydraulic system the difference is definitely noticeable..

lbcgolf 05-15-2018 07:24 PM

Now, I know those wheels if you get them in either jet black or gloss black, have a stainless steel ring around the edge and there is no way to get them all black from the factory AFAIK. Did you have them painted, and if so how much? I plan to get it done in my ST when it comes in, as I think it looks SOOOO much better without the shiny ring! Beautiful car!

EmMHoLLa 05-15-2018 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Now, I know those wheels if you get them in either jet black or gloss black, have a stainless steel ring around the edge and there is no way to get them all black from the factory AFAIK. Did you have them painted, and if so how much? I plan to get it done in my ST when it comes in, as I think it looks SOOOO much better without the shiny ring! Beautiful car!

Thanks man..

Yes I had the ring and had to get the powder coated. The guy that did my wrap did the wheels as well. He charged $700 for all four. I probably could have done better but then more time without the car. My car is white underneath and the week it took to do the wrap was agonizing. Well worth it but agonizing haha..

K777 05-16-2018 05:42 AM

Looks good :thumbup:

Will Tell 05-16-2018 10:19 AM

Gorgeous! And that's coming from an "any color BUT black" guy. Makes me reconsider the whole palate! Really, really nice. What color are the innards?

NJS_04_996 05-17-2018 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa (Post 15011819)
Thanks guys.. It's Satin Black with Gloss black trim.. I'm loving the Turbo. It has an unlimited amount of power it's insane..

One thing I must add is that the steering feel could be better. It's smooth but coming from a hydraulic system the difference is definitely noticeable..

I like that....seems it would deal nicely with the notorious gloss black paint issue of keeping clean and shining

c4racer 05-17-2018 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa (Post 15011819)

Agree - effort is too light. I've had other cars with E steering and they are better - Porsche should have the best - I hear the 911 system is good!
In fact my 6th gen Camaro SS has better steering feel and it's electric too. FWIW.

EmMHoLLa 05-18-2018 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by c4racer
Agree - effort is too light. I've had other cars with E steering and they are better - Porsche should have the best - I hear the 911 system is good!
In fact my 6th gen Camaro SS has better steering feel and it's electric too. FWIW.

Yes.. During normal driving it's okay.. But during aggressive driving the different between this rack and a hydraulic rack is noticeable.

Gat3 11-15-2018 06:48 PM

Love your satin black black wrap. I just took delivery of a new 2018 in black with the Bordeaux red interior, and the same wheels you have. I plan on having the silver ring on the wheels powdered coated as well. I do however have one quick question... your wrap satin looks phenomenal. I'm just so cautious about them - what brand of film was used on your car? Are you happy with the results and finish? Thanks for any information.
Regards,
Glenn

EmMHoLLa 11-17-2018 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gat3
Love your satin black black wrap. I just took delivery of a new 2018 in black with the Bordeaux red interior, and the same wheels you have. I plan on having the silver ring on the wheels powdered coated as well. I do however have one quick question... your wrap satin looks phenomenal. I'm just so cautious about them - what brand of film was used on your car? Are you happy with the results and finish? Thanks for any information.
Regards,
Glenn

I want to say the brand of film I had installed was 3M. But I'll need to reach out to my installer to make sure.

As far as the wrap is concerned it's beautiful I love the way the car looks when clean. However, the upkeep and the relative sensitivity of the wrap is prohibitive. The original color of my car is white. If given the choice to do it over I would have bought a black car. The wrap scratches too easy. I have scuffs and scratches around the car that cannot be buffed out. I would need to rewrap the entire panel to get rid of the scuff. Totally disheartening. Most people don't notice but I know they are they and they bug me to no end.

EmMHoLLa 11-18-2018 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Will Tell
Gorgeous! And that's coming from an "any color BUT black" guy. Makes me reconsider the whole palate! Really, really nice. What color are the innards?

Sorry I missed this.

The interior is brown/black. I love it!