Panamera 2010-Current

My 971 Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Gat3
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa
I want to say the brand of film I had installed was 3M. But I'll need to reach out to my installer to make sure.

As far as the wrap is concerned it's beautiful I love the way the car looks when clean. However, the upkeep and the relative sensitivity of the wrap is prohibitive. The original color of my car is white. If given the choice to do it over I would have bought a black car. The wrap scratches too easy. I have scuffs and scratches around the car that cannot be buffed out. I would need to rewrap the entire panel to get rid of the scuff. Totally disheartening. Most people don't notice but I know they are they and they bug me to no end.
Thanks for the information. I was afraid that would be your answer. I’ll likely just get a clear wrap then, but the satin black certainly looks good in pictures!
Old 11-18-2018, 07:32 PM
petelp
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by c4racer
Agree - effort is too light. I've had other cars with E steering and they are better - Porsche should have the best - I hear the 911 system is good!
In fact my 6th gen Camaro SS has better steering feel and it's electric too. FWIW.
Do you have the Power Assist Plus steering? I do (on my panny 4S) , and it's my favorite steering feel of any car I've ever had. (and I've been driving since the 1960s)

I've had cars where I felt the steering was much too stiff, and cars, such as my last one, where I felt the steering was much too light. This one feels absolutely perfect to me. Never in my life has it felt so natural to keep the car exactly where I want it, in any turn or straight away.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:14 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Quick update on the steering feel. I'd like to change my opinion. The steering is perfect! Lol.. The steering feel made more sense to me after a spirited drive up the NJ turnpike from New Brunswick into NYC in sport plus mode. The car drives like a dream.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Gat3
5th Gear

Quick update on the steering feel. I'd like to change my opinion. The steering is perfect! Lol.. The steering feel made more sense to me after a spirited drive up the NJ turnpike from New Brunswick into NYC in sport plus mode. The car drives like a dream.
I agree - I think the steering is fantastic - the best electric steering I've driven. I do have the Power Assist Plus or whatever Porsche is calling it these days.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:29 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gat3
I agree - I think the steering is fantastic - the best electric steering I've driven. I do have the Power Assist Plus or whatever Porsche is calling it these days.
So do I. The steering in comfort mode is almost Lexus like and get more aggressive and you go into sport and then sport plus...
Old 11-23-2018, 03:09 AM
Keryon
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! My friend spotted yours a few weeks back, glad to see you're in the forums. It seems we have similar taste

Agree with the wrap issues, only we notice it but we know its there. I went with Jet Black Metallic paint but wanted it murdered out.

Just put an Akrapovic exhaust on mine, would highly recommend if you're looking to upgrade one day!

Hope we cross paths on the roads!
Old 11-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Gat3
5th Gear

This week I went by a great detail shop here in Charlotte (Exclusive detail) and discussed some satin wrap options. Since my car is black, they suggested I use the Xpel Stealth protective film. It's much thicker and more durable than a vinyl wrap, has a 10 year warranty, and is very satin looking. The owner even put a piece on the rear quarter panel quickly for me to see what it looked like. Do you guys know anything about this product? On the surface (pun intended) it seems like a better alternative if you don't want to change the color of your car, only the finish.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:37 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Keryon
Congrats! My friend spotted yours a few weeks back, glad to see you're in the forums. It seems we have similar taste

Agree with the wrap issues, only we notice it but we know its there. I went with Jet Black Metallic paint but wanted it murdered out.

Just put an Akrapovic exhaust on mine, would highly recommend if you're looking to upgrade one day!

Hope we cross paths on the roads!
Thank you!

The sport exhaust option is enough for me at the moment. The car is perfect I'm not sure I'll do another Mod outside of installing radar..

Can anyone recommend a good radar installer in Atlanta, GA. I recently relocated and I have no clue. I need a good custom shop that can do wraps, wheels, etc.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:38 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gat3
This week I went by a great detail shop here in Charlotte (Exclusive detail) and discussed some satin wrap options. Since my car is black, they suggested I use the Xpel Stealth protective film. It's much thicker and more durable than a vinyl wrap, has a 10 year warranty, and is very satin looking. The owner even put a piece on the rear quarter panel quickly for me to see what it looked like. Do you guys know anything about this product? On the surface (pun intended) it seems like a better alternative if you don't want to change the color of your car, only the finish.
I don't know much about that. But given the durability of my wrap I wish I would have known about that before I got my car done.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you!

The sport exhaust option is enough for me at the moment. The car is perfect I'm not sure I'll do another Mod outside of installing radar..

Can anyone recommend a good radar installer in Atlanta, GA. I recently relocated and I have no clue. I need a good custom shop that can do wraps, wheels, etc.
David Deering @ speed films in Roswell does the wraps for Hennessy 678-249-7165. Highly recommended and he will be doing my GT silver Panny.

Gary @ Butler tire for wheels/ tires. He’s an owner now and very hands on.

Car tunes in roswell does a lot of high end cars on audio and radar.

Tell them all Lawyer Paul sent you along.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:17 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Outlaw
David Deering @ speed films in Roswell does the wraps for Hennessy 678-249-7165. Highly recommended and he will be doing my GT silver Panny.

Gary @ Butler tire for wheels/ tires. He’s an owner now and very hands on.

Car tunes in roswell does a lot of high end cars on audio and radar.

Tell them all Lawyer Paul sent you along.
I'll be giving them a call tomorrow.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:17 PM
amit128
4th Gear

Default Wrap

Hey just wanted to say 971 turbo looks great with the mods! If you don’t mind sharing where you got your wrap done. I too live in Atlanta and would like to explore getting a wrap done.

thanks!
Amit

I want to say the brand of film I had installed was 3M. But I'll need to reach out to my installer to make sure.

As far as the wrap is concerned it's beautiful I love the way the car looks when clean. However, the upkeep and the relative sensitivity of the wrap is prohibitive. The original color of my car is white. If given the choice to do it over I would have bought a black car. The wrap scratches too easy. I have scuffs and scratches around the car that cannot be buffed out. I would need to rewrap the entire panel to get rid of the scuff. Totally disheartening. Most people don't notice but I know they are they and they bug me to no end.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:33 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Originally Posted by amit128
Hey just wanted to say 971 turbo looks great with the mods! If you don’t mind sharing where you got your wrap done. I too live in Atlanta and would like to explore getting a wrap done.

thanks!
Amit
The car was initially wrapped at Status Motoring in NJ. Once I got to ATL I got it touched up by the good folks at Midnight Wraps. Ask for Dustin. Tell him Mike with the black panamera sent you.

On another note. On father's day I was rear ended by an RV on 285 here in ATL. The RV pushed me into the back of an 18 wheeler. Miraculously I was unhurt. The car didn't make it though. I just got word that is a total loss. Not sure if I will be getting another panamera. I may opt for two cars. An SUV and a super car.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:55 AM
amit128
4th Gear

thanks!
Amit
So sorry to hear that! Glad you are okay though! And thank you for the info on the wrap shop.

After living with the satin black Panamera, would you get the same wrap again? I have a gloss black 971 and have been thinking about switching it up. I have always been double minded about getting my car wrapped but got tempted after seeing how good your satin black looked!
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

So sorry to hear that! Glad you are okay though! And thank you for the info on the wrap shop.

After living with the satin black Panamera, would you get the same wrap again? I have a gloss black 971 and have been thinking about switching it up. I have always been double minded about getting my car wrapped but got tempted after seeing how good your satin black looked!
I Def wouldn't get Satin Black. The wrap is very delicate. It scuffs and scratches too easy for someone who is as meticulous about thier cars as I am. If your car is black I'd get Matte ppf and it should get you closer to the look you want without all the headache of delicate Satin Black.

Quick Reply: My 971 Panamera Turbo