Panamera 2010-Current

Which one would you pick? My new Panamera

Old 05-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Minida
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello again

And thank you for taking the time.

I though the Turbo S version was packed with almost everything. It seems strange that it is missing something like that. Especially Adaptive CC.

The ones with ~50.000 KM would probably be better then, since they are both cheaper and are more well-equipted.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:58 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Minida
Hello again

And thank you for taking the time.

I though the Turbo S version was packed with almost everything. It seems strange that it is missing something like that. Especially Adaptive CC.

The ones with ~50.000 KM would probably be better then, since they are both cheaper and are more well-equipted.
Note that #5 does not have Premium Pkg Plus either, although it does have cooled seats. ACC (indicated by the gap in the front air intake and the round radar eye) was only available with PPP. Cooled seats are indicated by the buttons on the center console next to the seat heater buttons. Note there were two different steering wheels available, a sport wheel and a multifunction wheel. The Sport wheel has paddles behind the wheel for manual shifting. The multifunction wheel has buttons for manual shifting but also has steering wheel controls for control of the instrument panel display, audio and phone functions. The sport wheel uses an additional stalk on the steering column to control the instrument panel display and buttons/***** on the PCM to control the phone and audio volume functions. Steering wheel heating was available only with the multifunction wheel, controlled by a button on the back side of the bottom spoke of the wheel (usually can't see this button in pictures).

Edit: I forgot to mention I believe entry and drive was only available with PPP.

There is no clear cut obvious winner. The choice will have to be based on how you personally balance the condition, miles, spec and price.

BTW, there are PDF versions of Porsche brochures at this link. There is quite a bit on good information contained in the brochures.
http://www.auto-brochures.com/porsche.html
Old 05-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Minida
Track Day

I just remember reading somewhere that the Turbo S had everything. Guess the author was wrong.

How about this one: https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...65a?cldtidx=11

Doesn't it have everything? A bit more expensive, but if it got it all - along with the low miles - I think I'll go for that one.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:46 PM
small car lover
Instructor

I just remember reading somewhere that the Turbo S had everything. Guess the author was wrong.

How about this one: https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...65a?cldtidx=11

Doesn't it have everything? A bit more expensive, but if it got it all - along with the low miles - I think I'll go for that one.
It's the executive long wheel base model. Do you want that?
Old 05-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Minida
Track Day

You are right. It might be to big.

Okay. Final choice. They are equal in price, miles, color etc. All comes down to equiptment.

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/porsche-panamera-turbo-s-acc-burmester-sportabgas-benzin-grau-479fd494-a73a-4d52-9e7e-150ea177a727?cldtidx=9

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/porsche-panamera-turbo-s-sportabgas-led-pdls-ceramic-benzin-grau-99871fa3-58d3-4025-88fc-baa493ccf7b7?cldtidx=15

Best regards
Old 05-08-2018, 04:25 PM
small car lover
Instructor

You are right. It might be to big.

Okay. Final choice. They are equal in price, miles, color etc. All comes down to equiptment.

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...a727?cldtidx=9

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...7b7?cldtidx=15

Best regards
I would look at the first example, the car with 49.700 km. It has the better spec, a little cheaper and the condition between the two look very similar from what can be seen in these photos. Other than 4k fewer km I can't see any advantage to the second car unless the sport steering wheel is a big deal to you.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:40 PM
Minida
Track Day

The other one is '15 model.

But you would go with the first one? What kind of nice-to-have specs does it have that the second one doesnt have?

And thank you so much for helping me out
Old 05-08-2018, 04:50 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Talking

The other one is '15 model.

But you would go with the first one? What kind of nice-to-have specs does it have that the second one doesnt have?

And thank you so much for helping me out
My pleasure, happy to help spend someone else's money. Premium Pkg Plus, I think it has surround view but I can't tell if the second car has that. Lane departure warning, rear sunshade, 18 way sport seats vs 14 way comfort seats. There are many options that are available on these cars that can't be identified by looking at pictures. You would need to see the build sheets for each car. That might be a next step for you. Obtain a complete equipment list for each vehicle from the dealers.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Minida
Track Day

Hehe :P

Well, then please have a look at this one if you don't mind.

Is there anything that this one is lacking? Or is it the best choice.

Best regards

Malthe
Old 05-09-2018, 01:21 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Hehe :P

Well, then please have a look at this one if you don't mind.

Is there anything that this one is lacking? Or is it the best choice.

Best regards

Malthe
Link?
Old 05-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Minida
Track Day

Wooops, yeah - here you go.

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...0-4f624ae8484a
Old 05-09-2018, 02:26 PM
small car lover
Instructor

The car is well equipped, The only major option lacking is the Burmester audio upgrade. I have heard the Burmester, it is excellent. That said, my car has the same Bose system as this car. It's decent enough although not a stunning system. I don't have any issue with it however. I don't listen at high sound pressure levels and the system is reasonably well balanced when not pushed to high volume, although not overly extended at either end. Obviously audio is very subjective. I would suggest you look carefully at the condition of the driver's seat outer bolster and the bit of armrest on the B pillar. The pictures aren't very clear and there is no good photo of the outer seatback bolster. I would check these items for wear.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:03 PM
Minida
Track Day

Yes, I noticed that it "just" got Bose.

If that is the only negative thing on this one, I guess I'll go with it.

I have now listed all the interesting cars. The rest are either 70.000+ KM or got red interior etc.

Guess the 100% perfect one just isn't out there right now - unless I get a brand new one, which you don't do here in Denmark due to the taxes. A 240.000 EUR car in Germany will cost around 500.000 EUR in Denmark.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you saying no one buys new cars in Denmark? All Porsches have options to choose from, even the TTS. The base stereo is sufficient, and 70,000+ KM and red interiors aren't deal breakers.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:32 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Yes, I noticed that it "just" got Bose.

If that is the only negative thing on this one, I guess I'll go with it.

I have now listed all the interesting cars. The rest are either 70.000+ KM or got red interior etc.

Guess the 100% perfect one just isn't out there right now - unless I get a brand new one, which you don't do here in Denmark due to the taxes. A 240.000 EUR car in Germany will cost around 500.000 EUR in Denmark.
Finding the right used Porsche is always difficult, particularly when looking for a fairly rare model like the Turbo S. Here in the US there are generally between 10 and 15 examples available nationally at any one time. When a nice example comes up you have to be ready to move.

That is a jaw dropping tax rate. Wow!

I took a look at the dealer web site for the example you are considering. From what I could tell this car has a couple additional options such as thermal and noise insulating glass, surround view, Porsche car connect and Online services. It's a nicely optioned car. If you do purchase this car please post some pictures. Good luck and let us know!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which one would you pick? My new Panamera