Panamera 2010-Current

Turbo must have options

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:53 PM
rajctt
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Turbo must have options

You would observe from my recent threads that I was mostly set on 2014-16 GTS. This past weekend, I test drove a 2014 PTT. This was my 2nd test drive and dealer left me alone with the car. During the 1st drive with the dealer, I walked away with a very different impression about the car – smooth, fast and comfy. In short, it wasn’t exciting. During the 2nd drive, I put the car in sport mode and rolled down the windows. This was an entirely different experience. The car was so flat and fast. It cornered pretty well or so I felt. I was just blown away. I own a CTT, and PTT is on a completely different level. With this kind of power, its very hard to choose anything else.

My ideal “spec” is a Turbo spec’ed like a sporty GTS. What would you think are must have options?
  1. Keyless entry and drive – this was a consideration on GTS, and standard on Turbo
  2. Sport steering wheel – I prefer this much over the multi-function wheel mainly for the paddle shifters. Very hard to find in a Turbo
  3. Sport exhaust
  4. Sport package – Does this provide the Sport+ button, what does it do beyond the Sport button?
  5. PDCC – very rare to find anyways
  6. Alcantara interior – I will have to let this go
  7. Black high gloss wheels
Check out this listing – what do you think about the spec, price and dealership?

2014 PTT, 12K Miles, 77K
Old 05-01-2018, 02:30 AM
rajctt
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Waiting for input, thanks in advance
Old 05-01-2018, 12:30 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't have much experience or knowledge about these cars - I just picked up a 2013 S CPO Pano. A few things mine has which I really like - full leather, the adjustable air suspension with sport and sport+ modes, sport steering wheel - mine has wood, but has the paddle shifters - I normally prefer all leather wrapped, but so far I like the wood and it matches the wood on the dash and door inserts. Also claims it's heated - but not sure how to turn that on or if it just automatically comes on when heater is on? Mine also has soft close doors which is a nice feature. Keyless entry too which is a must have - keep the key in your pocket and you just walk up and open the door - get in and twist the fixed key to start it. the Bose audio is very good. Reverse camera is key - mine has park assist front and rear with camera listed as a package.
The wood is listed as Anthracite Birch interior package - super classy.
Also the dynamic lights are really nice - PDLS. Mine shows Premium Package and 14-way power seats with memory, not sure if those are really combined or what of all that may be standard on a turbo.
Not sure which of these I could live without - but I'm very happy that mine has all of these options. Very nicely optioned car. Original sticker came in at $110K, so that's at least $20K in options.

The one on the link looks great btw - love the color combo. Mine is Basalt Black / light gray with silver Turbo wheels - also a stunning combo. I think these cars look best in darker colors, but that medium silver looks pretty stunning as well - especially with a black interior.

And see if you can find a CPO car - that seems the best way to buy these cars. Turbo's may be harder to find under CPO - but there were a handful of 2012-2013 S models around and seems with the Turbo you can look from 2012-2015 as a CPO. Mine had 24K miles.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:19 PM
RDS928S
Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 307 Posts

black shadow line trim & black Porsche script model designation.

Quick Reply: Turbo must have options