Panamera 2010-Current

new Panamera S owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 07:25 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Default new Panamera S owner

I just picked up a 2013 S with 24K miles as a CPO out here in Northern CA bay area. So far I just love the car - the refinement and details of the interior is just off the charts, and I am coming from a 2003 M5. So far I don't feel I'm giving up any performance, driving dynamics, road feel or driver engagement with this car - and am picking up a much more refined and larger car that is so silky smooth on the road and has the perfect combination of technology and luxury without going overboard. Such a well done car. My car has full leather, some nice wood touches and overall just a perfectly well optioned car - original sticker was $110K.

I was shopping for a car with newer audio and technology to replace the M5 that would be a great long distance road trip car for 2-4 people plus occasionally a 50lb husky.
This car had no equal - I was looking at BMW F10 M5 and 550i and the Jaguar XJ and Cadillac CTS-V / Vsport and even considered a Cayenne or X5.
But this car blew all of those away - and the opportunity to own a V8 S with such low miles and under CPO warranty was too tempting to pass up.
I have owned many BMW's and 1 Audi (S4 wagon with the V8 and 6-speed) and 1 previous P-car 1999 911 C2 manual trans.
I am really looking forward to this next P-car experience!

Planning to keep it 2-4 years depending and then see what's next.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:48 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on your new ride. comforting that the Panny tops all the other cars you looked at. I jumped on the purchase of a 2012 P4 a month ago without really any research when my 911 met its untimely demise. Really fallin' for this car!
Old 04-25-2018, 01:34 PM
c4racer
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS_04_996
congrats on your new ride. comforting that the Panny tops all the other cars you looked at. I jumped on the purchase of a 2012 P4 a month ago without really any research when my 911 met its untimely demise. Really fallin' for this car!
It really had the best combination of driving dynamics and elegance / refinement that I was looking for. The clincher was the hatchback luggage compartment vs. a traditional truck - works much better for my needs. It wasn't the fastest car I looked at. But it was the best one for my wants and needs.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:32 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, amazing pick.
I will be getting next week a '16 GTS. Your comments wrap up all the essence of my test drive too. It feels to me like my old 991.1S PDK and my previous-to-that C63 AMG had a baby!
I compared it to a '16 Cayenne GTS in my search, but no-way you can compare both in driving pleasure. Cayenne is best SUV out there, but can't touch a Panamera in driving pleasure!
Enjoy in good health.

Quick Reply: new Panamera S owner