Panamera 2010-Current

Night vision. Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 09:49 PM
Tmoose
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Night vision. Question.

Is the night vision supposed to pick up things and warn you? I’ve never gotten a warning and should have several times.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:03 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmoose
Is the night vision supposed to pick up things and warn you? I’ve never gotten a warning and should have several times.
This is from the 2017 owner's manual:
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...ht-View-Assist

When I test drove a Panamera at night with the infrared camera, people walking in/near the road would show up in colored boxes in the screen to draw attention to them. I didn't play with it enough to see what all it can do, but I'll be doing that when I get my own Pan4 E-Hybrid in June, which will have the infrared camera and instrument-panel screen.
I'll be interested to hear of any experiences you'd like to share here, as well. After seeing it in test cars, getting the Night Vision Assist was a must for me.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:35 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will actively warn you.

Last edited by Andial; 04-23-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:32 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
It will not actively warn you.
Perhaps you should RTFM before giving advice on a safety system ? Or call Porsche, and have them amend the manual.

“An impending collision or driving dangerously close past persons will trigger a warning within the system limits. In this case, the system warns the driver visually and acoustically. The camera image is displayed with the person marked in red. On vehicles with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus, the endangered person flashes in order to enhance recognition.”

Quick Reply: Night vision. Question.