Panamera 2010-Current

Shipping From San Diego Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 07:52 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Shipping From San Diego Yet?

So Panamera 4 E-Hybrids have been fully certified (EPA and CARB); has anyone received contact from their Dealer in California that the car has shipped from San Diego? Not sure why we haven't seen any shipments yet??
Old 04-19-2018, 08:13 PM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talked to my dealer yesterday, here in San Diego, and he confirmed my car is coded "released for pick-up". But it has yet to arrive at the dealership. Not sure what the delay is since it has supposedly been ready at the dock since Tuesday!
Old 04-20-2018, 02:16 AM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The last word Porsche dealers get on a car's status is "car released for transport." At that point the car has been released to the trucking company for delivery. How long it takes at that point is entirely up to the trucking company, and the truckers don't communicate with the dealerships.

My 911 GTS arrived in San Diego last Tuesday. On Thursday it was "released." It arrived at my dealership (Riverside, 2 hours from San Diego) this afternoon. It should be ready for pickup late tomorrow. So that was an entire week after it was released. When my car carrier (Taurus Leader) arrived in SD, it was the 5th or 6th car carrier in a week. I suspect that the dock was simply overloaded with newly arrived cars. Even though cars were finally released, there are only so many auto transporters available and it obviously takes some time to clear out the backlog. My experience of one week from release to delivery might (hopefully) give you some idea of what to expect.

DMoore
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo
'18 911 GTS
'16 Cayman
Old 04-20-2018, 07:18 AM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if this helps, but my car was in Davisport, RI - I’m in Washington DC. Car got there yesterday, so 2 days from announcement - pretty quick. I take delivery tomorrow (Sat) - finally!
Old 04-24-2018, 12:45 AM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a call from my sales rep, here in San Diego, that my E-Hybrid just arrived at the dealership. Six days to go about 15 miles. I plan on picking it up tomorrow afternoon!

Quick Reply: Shipping From San Diego Yet?