Panamera 2010-Current

2018 Pana Turbo S E-Hybrid released

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 02:15 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by donutcritic
Sweet! Of course no proactive message from my $tealer as to where & when my car will arrive (been at Oakland port since March).
Did you have to pay over to get one? It’s worth every penny and I bet the factory loses money on every one but I haven’t heard of anyone paying over.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:26 PM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW

Did you have to pay over to get one? It’s worth every penny and I bet the factory loses money on every one but I haven’t heard of anyone paying over.
I negotiated a modest discount, they're not nearly as aggressive as they were for my MY14 Turbo. The car was ordered March 2017, originally scheduled for delivery October 2017.

Why do you think Porsche loses money on every one? Porsche tends to make the most GM$ per car of any manufacturer (iirc, the Cayenne), all of the info is in their public press filings.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:57 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I know they do well on average but if you look at a 991 Turbo S and a Panamera Turbo S ehybrid you can see a ton of extra chassis, doors, suspension, interior, finishes, computers, infotainment, drivetrain, batteries, chargers, etc. for the same selling price. Factor in that drivetrain R&D and limited numbers and I can see them never breaking even. I think it’s an exercise and statement.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:26 AM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 2018 Panamera Turbo S eHybrid Executive

Hi Porsche fans, and perhaps Panamera fans.

I'm new to RennList, and only now as a result discovering the community. I shared details of my Carrera T earlier today, and thought I should share information on the four seater...

So, my car...
My order code was: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ8GE5Y3

2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S eHybrid Executive (the 680hp one) - Sapphire Blue, All wheel steering, Burmester stereo, Rear seat entertainment, black leather with chalk deviated inserts and stitching, heated/cooled/massaging seats all around, carbon fiber door sills illuminated, sport chrono (white gauges), chalk seat belts, black LED matrix headlights, tinted rear lights, black trim and mirrors, sport exhaust in black, 21" exclusive design wheels in black, um yeah the list goes on... (See the build code above).

Delivery on May 21, 2018. Order time to delivery took a long wait of 14 months. Exercise in patience for sure. But every bit worth the wait. Oh man this car is absolutely gorgeous and awesome. I was only able to imagine what it would be like from the Unity 3D models that the Porsche car configurator would show me. (Note: this option for 3D does not seem to work anymore sadly). I was really please with my choice to skip the usual brushed metal, wood grain, or carbon fiber dash that many do, as I opted for the painted dash to match the exterior blue color. It is really nice to sit in the car and be able to enjoy some of the beautiful blue color myself while driving.

I had it fully clear wrapped, and then added Porsche Triple Stripes on the sides and a roof stripe.

Here is a collection of some of the photos of it, enjoy...

Old 12-11-2018, 04:40 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

the interior is just gorgeous - well done!!
Old 12-11-2018, 12:07 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Very nice!, Love the Sapphire Blue.

Glad to see you didn't leave the comfort of the rear passengers out
Old 12-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glenn, Great Job!! The build is stunning. I received my '18 Executive 4 E-hybrid in September. Love the extra room in the back and this car performs. I can only imagine the fun you are having/will have with the Turbo S. Have fun with the technology and welcome to the Board. Good Luck. PanaTJ
Old 12-11-2018, 01:30 PM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I am having fun with it. This summer I drove from Seattle to Laguna Seca to attend Rennsport Reunion VI. I did the drive in one day (~900miles). It was very comfortable, and I was most impressed with the hybrid mode for fuel savings. 525 mile range per tank, only one stop needed for gas at Mt Shasta area. The quiet cabin, and comfort really showed. I had the cruise control set at 78mph, and the engine simply kicked on and off as the highway undulated with the hills along the way. As I neared the top of a hill, the engine would cut and the regenerative energy would be harvested to keep the speed on the decent.. When the engine was on, it would just go to idle. The large panel display is a treat for viewing the Porsche navigation screen. I came to be a fan of the maps they show vs. Apple CarPlay navigation. It was handy to view the upcoming services along the way for food, and gas the one time. With the Apple maps, you have to stop your route and key in a new destination and make a selection, where as the Porsche one shows you opportunities along your route. We were surprised how relaxed we felt and how the long drive did not seem tiresome.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine, Pana_T!

Quick Reply: 2018 Pana Turbo S E-Hybrid released