Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Any problems or complaints with the 2018 Panamera (turbo) models yet?

Old 11-25-2018, 08:36 PM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

1 year in and no serious problems. My observations:
- We ONLY drive PDK in sports mode or manual, regular auto sucks... In general the car feels better driven quickly. Due for the PDK software refresh, so maybe this will fix
- Gas door sticks, it's being fixed next week while in for an oil change / service
- Sunroof creaks but doesn't occur in cold and couldn't replicate while in. I think a few others noted this and will be addressed next Spring/Summer

Soft observations:
- Gets a TON of compliments on it's looks. More than past 911s and even GT4, I think because it's more approachable
- MUCH more usable than my past cars, even 4 door ones. Yesterday I put our dogs in back in a large crate.
- Stock exhaust isn't exactly quiet, which is a good thing. Particularly on cold startup. Might added Fabspeed downpipe but happy with stock most of the time.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:36 PM
quicksand1
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petelp
I don't think it's any kind of oversight to allow a button to be programed for many different options, one of which is skip track. That's better in my opinion than providing a skip track button with NONE of the other options for the steering wheel in any form, as is the case with many cars. But I do agree that it's a definite flaw that they provide no way to have both skip forward and skip back on the steering wheel at the same time.

Keep in mind, however, that many new Mercedes and Audis have no touch screen for carplay and many of them with NO skip forward/back steering wheel options for carplay. Those are much bigger failings in my opinion.
For $150K+, yes it is. Let's be real here. lol and I gotcha, didnt know this because I was never interested in either brand. Another reason not to be.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:03 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm the 970 Panamera there was a screen in the dash you could use solely for music. I don't know what they got rid of that menu. You could change the track with the roller button. It makes no sense. I'm almost positive they'll add it back during the face-lift.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any problems or complaints with the 2018 Panamera (turbo) models yet?