Panamera 2010-Current

GTS trim coming when?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 02:14 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts
Default GTS trim coming when?

So I have been kicking around the idea of replacing my macan GTS with a 4Sst. I have added all the black trims and chassis options to my theoretical build. Recently Porsche releases GTS models where you get alcantara seat centers (I quite like), most of the chassis options, and black trims as a standard with a slight discount and power bump. You think this is going to happen on this model any time soon or at all.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

As poorly as they have been selling they will be discontinued well before a new model comes out.The same 115 cars on cars.com for the past month and a half.These are cars on dealer lots not in transit.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:13 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
As poorly as they have been selling they will be discontinued well before a new model comes out.The same 115 cars on cars.com for the past month and a half.These are cars on dealer lots not in transit.
darn shame really. Estates just don't sell here.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:14 AM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

It does seem like their not moving. I see so few here in LA granted it’s only been out since June. I think it’s the price. Like the iPhone X, the price overtook demand.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:31 PM
DrWoa
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's because I live in atlanta, but I see several turbos in my area. The ones at the dealer are usually optioned out to some unreasonable degree. I saw a 4s with 35k worth of options. That's turbo money.

I think panamera sales are well within range.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...sales-figures/

Scroll down for 2017/2018 numbers the numbers are very strong.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:33 PM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richardbf
So I have been kicking around the idea of replacing my macan GTS with a 4Sst. I have added all the black trims and chassis options to my theoretical build. Recently Porsche releases GTS models where you get alcantara seat centers (I quite like), most of the chassis options, and black trims as a standard with a slight discount and power bump. You think this is going to happen on this model any time soon or at all.
I totally get what you mean! I have a 4S and have spec it like a GTS. I believe that the amount that I paid for can get me a GTS but I don't know when it is coming out. I will have to see how the depreciation is when GTS comes out, if the car holds the value well and I just have to fork out a bit, I might upgrade it. I'm hoping it comes out this year end.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:10 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by crack3rd
I totally get what you mean! I have a 4S and have spec it like a GTS. I believe that the amount that I paid for can get me a GTS but I don't know when it is coming out. I will have to see how the depreciation is when GTS comes out, if the car holds the value well and I just have to fork out a bit, I might upgrade it. I'm hoping it comes out this year end.
Me and you both. Honestly I am mostly hoping they include a decent wheel as standard on the GTS. Shame you have to pay 4-5.5k to get some nice wheels on this car. Strange since the rest of the lineup has some very attractive options at all price points.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:50 AM
jtorrebl
Instructor

My 4S is basically a GTS too with the sports package etc. Getting my turbo wheels powder coated this week to glossy black too. Also converted my chrome trim, door handles and tips to factory glossy black by the dealer. I changed all the lettering in back to glossy black as well.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:20 AM
jtorrebl
Instructor

I’ve read porsche maybe getting rid of GTS in non true sports cars like the panamera and cayenne.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:30 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
I’ve read porsche maybe getting rid of GTS in non true sports cars like the panamera and cayenne.
Where did you read that? I'm pretty obsessive about Porsche news and had not seen that.

DMoore
'18 PTST
'16 Cayman
'18 911 GTS on a ship in the Bahamas
Old 03-28-2018, 11:18 PM
hansw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The beginning-of-the-year issue of the German magazine auto, motor und sport showed graphic with initial delivery dates of the models of all German, Italian and French manufacturers. It shows an-end-of-the-year date for the GTS.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:05 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

I hope we get a GTS end of year. Hate to see the trim not be offered on this car.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:18 AM
Just A GTS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
I hope we get a GTS end of year. Hate to see the trim not be offered on this car.
Totally agree!
Old 04-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 74 Posts

My two cents here, which isn't worth a broken pop bottle. IMO the challenge with the new ST (blanket statement for the standard body style) isn't the style its the price. 2018 Mercedes E63S Wagon can be had in a nice spec for 115K, same PST Turbo is well above 160 and with silly Porsche options 200K. I love the PST and will likely buy one as a slightly used/demo or leftover '18 next year.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:48 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cherryblock
My two cents here, which isn't worth a broken pop bottle. IMO the challenge with the new ST (blanket statement for the standard body style) isn't the style its the price. 2018 Mercedes E63S Wagon can be had in a nice spec for 115K, same PST Turbo is well above 160 and with silly Porsche options 200K. I love the PST and will likely buy one as a slightly used/demo or leftover '18 next year.
I do think the panamera is a bit on the expensive side. However I think the real issue is the lack of standard equipment (and hence cost I suppose). This is an S class competitor, not an E or 5 competitor, but I just feel like some of the equipment not being standard is way off. I know Porsche likes to charge for these things but man it's really rough pricing on the Panamera. Seems weird to me that a Cayenne Turbo is in the 120-130s and you barely have a decent amount of equipment on a 4s at that price. Personally I would like to see the wheel options and LED headlamps costs less and a small handful of standards like heated seats, comfort access, bose, ambient lighting, and steering wheel heating. I think that would help. I am sure Porsche knows what they are doing though.

Quick Reply: GTS trim coming when?