Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

General question on e-hybrid ordering (USA)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 11:40 PM
robw33
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default General question on e-hybrid ordering (USA)

I've got a good buddy who is ready to pull the trigger on an e-hybrid. He's aware of the EPA delays and all, and is willing to be patient waiting for the bottleneck to get cleared. I searched the Panamera forum and I didn't see any discussions about ordering. Is there no restrictions on ordering a Panamera e-hybrid? Are they building them knowing that the EPA stuff will get cleared? Lastly, what is a reasonable discount for a custom order? He would likely take delivery in the LA Experience Center so the hope is he could deal with any dealer who may have available allocation and have it set up for the LA delivery. Dealers here in Southern California seem to keep clear of discounts. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-07-2018, 06:26 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

So... you've registered your Rennlist account almost 14 years ago, but this is your first post? jes' wonderin'... lol

I don't know about allocation/discounts for the standard 4 door hatch Panamera E-H. But I could tell you that for the Sport Turismo E-H, allocations for the 2018s are hard to come by. I feel like I had to arm wrestle to get mine. As such, dealers are reluctant to give any discounts, as you said so yourself. At least they haven't resorted to charging over sticker yet, lol. Tell your buddy NOT to go to a dealer who wants to take his deposit and says they'll get the allocation. At least for the ST E-H, as far as 2018 allocations, they either have it or they don't. If they don't it seems like they have to beg, lie and steal to get one from PCNA.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:57 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
So... you've registered your Rennlist account almost 14 years ago, but this is your first post? jes' wonderin'... lol

I don't know about allocation/discounts for the standard 4 door hatch Panamera E-H. But I could tell you that for the Sport Turismo E-H, allocations for the 2018s are hard to come by. I feel like I had to arm wrestle to get mine. As such, dealers are reluctant to give any discounts, as you said so yourself. At least they haven't resorted to charging over sticker yet, lol. Tell your buddy NOT to go to a dealer who wants to take his deposit and says they'll get the allocation. At least for the ST E-H, as far as 2018 allocations, they either have it or they don't. If they don't it seems like they have to beg, lie and steal to get one from PCNA.
Same here, as I'm looking only at the Sport Turismo E-H, for which I was told a week ago by one dealer here that there are only 17 allocated slots in the entire USA right now for the Panamera 4 Sport Turismo E-Hybrid, and a second dealer said that the figure is 13 by his count. So they are rare. Three of four dealerships I talked to here said no discount; the fourth said $1000 discount. One of these dealerships had an allocation for this car several months ago, but nobody claimed it and they spec'ed it out as a dealer car to build (MSRP up from $104k to near $130k with their options added in). Dealerships will take a deposit to hold without an allocation, it seems, but it could be a long wait without an allocation. But as for plain Panamera 4 E-Hybrids, I have not inquired.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:40 PM
robw33
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Pretty funny for sure. I'm currently driving a Macan Turbo so I've been lurking on a different message board for that, plus I do more reading than writing. Stopped using this message board when I sold my '94 911 Turbo. Kicking myself every day for letting that go. I was actually shocked I remembered my account information. In any event, being a Porsche fanatic I'm always trying to encourage friends and family to take the leap so anything I can do to help... Plus it seems like Rennlist has the best Panamera following.

For reference, the dealer I bought my Macan from (in Florida) told me today that the e-hybrid finally passed EPA and cars should start flowing from the ports in "a few days". Not sure if this is accurate information or not - it allegedly came from a PCNA regional guy. He mentioned they may get a couple of e-hybrids per month from an allocation point of view.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:06 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by robw33
Pretty funny for sure. I'm currently driving a Macan Turbo so I've been lurking on a different message board for that, plus I do more reading than writing. Stopped using this message board when I sold my '94 911 Turbo. Kicking myself every day for letting that go. I was actually shocked I remembered my account information. In any event, being a Porsche fanatic I'm always trying to encourage friends and family to take the leap so anything I can do to help... Plus it seems like Rennlist has the best Panamera following.

For reference, the dealer I bought my Macan from (in Florida) told me today that the e-hybrid finally passed EPA and cars should start flowing from the ports in "a few days". Not sure if this is accurate information or not - it allegedly came from a PCNA regional guy. He mentioned they may get a couple of e-hybrids per month from an allocation point of view.
Cayenne or Panamera E-hybrids?
Old 03-07-2018, 10:50 PM
robw33
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cometguy
Cayenne or Panamera E-hybrids?
Panamera...
Old 03-08-2018, 09:00 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

However, the e-Hybrids have NOT yet clear CARB - California Air Resources Board. So if you're in a "CARB state" the cars still have not been cleared. I just checked the CARB website today, since I'm waiting for a Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo to clear. It's been dockside in San Diego since early December. Porsche now says "around 3/16" but they've been saying "two more weeks" since December.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 Cayman
'18 Panamera Turbo ST ... someday... maybe.. but I'm getting really annoyed...

Quick Reply: General question on e-hybrid ordering (USA)