Panamera 2010-Current

Lease or buy 2017/18 Panamera

Old 02-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default E hybrid % off?

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Getting 8% off for a car you don't have to wait for that meets almost all of your needs/wants is an excellent deal! There may be some on this forum that have done better but they have had to wait almost a year to get their custom ordered cars. Regarding the e-Hybrid and how the lease works I can share my opinion, but until I actually get my car delivered I can only give you what I've been told by dealers in the past. The way to reduce your lease payments is to first of all negotiate the outright purchase price. Once that is done, that price should become your "Cap Cost" for the lease. The MF "Buy" rate is set by Porsche Financial Services and also the residual is set by them. Most dealers (regardless of brand) have the option to mark up the "Buy" rate to make money for their dealership if the buyer is not savvy in this area. You want to shop around to various dealers to find out what is the real "Buy" rate for the Porsche and recognize it changes slightly every quarter. Assuming you can determine the real MF "Buy" rate and you know the residual, the next thing you have to find out is what is the Porsche Financial Services "Acquisition Fee" and Doc Fee. Again this is an area that dealerships can mark up so obviously you want the lowest amount possible. The advantage of the E-Hybrid for the lease option is the IRS has already approved a $6670 tax credit for the 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. If you buy the car you get this tax credit when you file your 2018 return next year. If you lease the car, the dealership gets the tax credit immediately and this is applied to your lease either as a direct reduction to your "Cap Cost" or as a credit to your payments. Better to have it applied to your "Cap Cost" if possible. A typical "loaded" 2018 E-Hybrid will MSRP at somewhere between $127,000 to around $135,000 so if you could get the 8% discount plus the $6670 tax credit, your "Cap Cost" would be somewhere around $110,000 to $122,000 plus the Acquisition Fee and Doc Fees and the residual (assuming 60%) would come out to be $76,200 to $81,000. So if my math is correct you would have to pay $52k to $55K plus the money factor over 36 months which should work out to roughly $1600 - $1700 per month including taxes. If you can't write it off to your business that could be a hard pill to swallow. But you can walk away at the end of the lease if you want to do so.
👍👍👍👍

Thank you for the detailed post.

Why not lease and get nearly 20k off the cap cost! Especially 6700 from the IRS

Also the hybrid is a faster car than the 4S (torque wise)

I believe the dealer was offering 4% off the MSRP on a new build, but I’m sure this was a starting point and I haven’t really tried yet.

How much did you EHybrid buyers get off your builds?

Old 02-26-2018, 12:51 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Any insight on a Turbo Lease? I'm currently in the maket and leaning toward a 2017 CPO purchase as opposed to a lease. I'm a business owner but would like to keep my payments down and don't believe in buying down the cap cost.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:53 AM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa
Any insight on a Turbo Lease? I'm currently in the maket and leaning toward a 2017 CPO purchase as opposed to a lease. I'm a business owner but would like to keep my payments down and don't believe in buying down the cap cost.
DTLA has a turbo and I was able to get 7% on my first email. I’m sure 2017 CPO should be 20-25% off however good luck finding them
Old 02-26-2018, 08:17 AM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa
i have researched this extensively- 2017 Turbo’s have THE WORST risiduals I’ve ever seen - around 35%. So even with a 2017 getting a discount of 20-25% off, the numbers just don’t work out (payment still $2800+). Then it makes you think maybe it’s a good idea to purschase and not lease with the right discount, but then again if the factory is saying they think the car will only be worth a third of its value in 3 years - is that something you want to own??
Old 02-26-2018, 11:10 AM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Originally Posted by hueydumps

i have researched this extensively- 2017 Turbo’s have THE WORST risiduals I’ve ever seen - around 35%. So even with a 2017 getting a discount of 20-25% off, the numbers just don’t work out (payment still $2800+). Then it makes you think maybe it’s a good idea to purschase and not lease with the right discount, but then again if the factory is saying they think the car will only be worth a third of its value in 3 years - is that something you want to own??
very good point.. curious what did you end up settling for?

Old 02-26-2018, 11:16 AM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sliu6122

very good point.. curious what did you end up settling for?

still waiting for my e-hybrid. It’s been in the port since mid Jan.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Sliu6122
Advanced

still waiting for my e-hybrid. It’s been in the port since mid Jan.
Seems like that’s the option I’m leaning towards as well (lease) with the federal rebate. May I ask you how much you got off MSRP?
Old 02-28-2018, 08:06 PM
Joby
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick question, did these numbers include tax?
Old 03-03-2018, 02:36 AM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Precisely. I want one but sheesh.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:02 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

It is unbelievable that you are being quoted a 35% residual on a 2017 Panamera Turbo. Doesn't make any sense at all. You should definitely shop around to other dealers if the dealer you have spoken with is serious about the 35%. There is a guy on this forum who has a 2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo with low miles and a lot of extras and he is asking $72,000 against an original MSRP of $152,590. That represents more than 47% of the original MSRP on an eight year old car!! Not sure he will have any success getting that amount but obviously there is a serious disconnect between what you've been told on the 2017 and what he expects to receive on his car.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Residual prices are set by Porsche Financial.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:16 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

We should get a panamera deal thread going in her similar to what they have in the 991 sub forum..
Old 03-05-2018, 11:02 PM
parealtor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting thread. Great info. it seems that the depreciation on most panemeras and cayennes can be brutal. Make for some great deals in a year or two if your patient and want a ST
Old 06-08-2018, 01:00 AM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Default New built

So I finally had a chance to test drive the new E Hybrid today and it is true that they are actually faster than the 4S plus the chrono for launch control is always a plus. MF quoted now is .260 as rates have been rising trending the 10 year bond. That federal rebate is always a great plus that will boost the residual for a better payment but not good for a lease to buy situation. That being said I’m planning on building one and was curious to see how much % off MSRP anyone has gotten with a custom order? So far 5% but after my run in with one in stock with over 10% off i always think there is more room. Also they want to get me with a 5k deposit? Why! I said the only deposit I’m will to make is the min drive off. Otherwise anyone else work their way around this?

Build out is 4-5 months.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sliu6122
So I finally had a chance to test drive the new E Hybrid today and it is true that they are actually faster than the 4S plus the chrono for launch control is always a plus. MF quoted now is .260 as rates have been rising trending the 10 year bond. That federal rebate is always a great plus that will boost the residual for a better payment but not good for a lease to buy situation. That being said I’m planning on building one and was curious to see how much % off MSRP anyone has gotten with a custom order? So far 5% but after my run in with one in stock with over 10% off i always think there is more room. Also they want to get me with a 5k deposit? Why! I said the only deposit I’m will to make is the min drive off. Otherwise anyone else work their way around this?

Build out is 4-5 months.
They might think you want to export the car. Is the deposit refundable? Shop w/ other dealers i.e. Porsche Fresno, North Houston, Blue Grass, MMC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lease or buy 2017/18 Panamera