Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Lease or buy 2017/18 Panamera

Old 02-22-2018, 09:35 PM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hueydumps
+1. Also, if you're a business owner, you can tax deduct most/all of the lease payment - I do 85%. The tax benefits far outweigh the higher MF, i've run it both ways many times.

I'm getting 6% off, plus the tax credit, plus the $2500 from Porsche for the delay, so on a $127K sticker car, my cap cost is close to $108K. MF at 230 and resid at 58% (this is an old figure as of Sept - hopefully it's better) for 36 months. i think 39 months might be a little better. esp given that porsche usually does the pull ahead.

Haven't heard anything from my SA on the EPA cert. Although their comm through this process has been less than thrilling, esp compared to BMW and MBZ.
This is great info for Business owners - Also the consideration of E-hybrid with the same ponies - Nice rebates which makes sense.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:06 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I got 7% with the 6700 and the 2500 from Porsche. I want to say my money factor was 0.0020 or 0.0022, I just don't remember what he showed me. Don't know what the resid was but my payments were $1525ish for 39 months 2500 down. Hope that helps. As I understand it, this is probably one of the best deals most people are getting. Im buying mine from directly the general manager if that makes any difference.
Good luck op! That seems like a fairly reasonable price for that car
Old 02-22-2018, 11:08 PM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911topanamera
I got 7% with the 6700 and the 2500 from Porsche. I want to say my money factor was 0.0020 or 0.0022, I just don't remember what he showed me. Don't know what the resid was but my payments were $1525ish for 39 months 2500 down. Hope that helps. As I understand it, this is probably one of the best deals most people are getting. Im buying mine from directly the general manager if that makes any difference.
Good luck op! That seems like a fairly reasonable price for that car
That is really good. Mind I ask you what your MSRP was on the car? Was this for the EHybrid? What dealer was this?
Old 02-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Default more than 7% off

Anybody else get more than 7% off allocation??
Old 02-23-2018, 12:50 AM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Originally Posted by hueydumps
+1. Also, if you're a business owner, you can tax deduct most/all of the lease payment - I do 85%. The tax benefits far outweigh the higher MF, i've run it both ways many times.

I'm getting 6% off, plus the tax credit, plus the $2500 from Porsche for the delay, so on a $127K sticker car, my cap cost is close to $108K. MF at 230 and resid at 58% (this is an old figure as of Sept - hopefully it's better) for 36 months. i think 39 months might be a little better. esp given that porsche usually does the pull ahead.

Haven't heard anything from my SA on the EPA cert. Although their comm through this process has been less than thrilling, esp compared to BMW and MBZ.
can you tell me where the 6700 rebate is applied? We have a conquest credit of 4500 on this selected model in DTLA
Old 02-23-2018, 02:38 PM
Aviaros21
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ours is a regular Panamera 4 ($114k MSRP) 2018. Selling price was about 10.5% off MSRP. Was a "launch' model with 400 miles on it.

MF was 0.002 (4.8%) Sucks....

6% off the 4S isn't bad. Dealer said the factory had a fire few months back and production became limited, no idea if that is true or not though; wasn't in market for the 4S, and they wouldn't budget on discounts (Florida dealer).

Of course, you could always get a 2017 Turbo for probably 25% off MSRP if that suits your fancy.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:47 PM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
You shouldn't buy from Porsche Irvine as they are a stealer.
What was your experience with them?
Old 02-23-2018, 07:07 PM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Originally Posted by knowspin
It was ok. 7.75% off so far. Still wheeling and dealing
Old 02-23-2018, 07:10 PM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Default Lease figures

.00250 MF

60% residual at 36 months

2200 ish payments at 3600 drive off
Old 02-23-2018, 08:51 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Sliu6122
.00250 MF

60% residual at 36 months

2200 ish payments at 3600 drive off
That money factor seems a little high to me. Chandler Porsche in Arizona had a lease deal in December on a Panamera 4 with the following: 10k miles per year; 39 months; .00200 money factor; 57% residual. I believe the MF's and Residuals change quarterly so they were probably adjusted on 1/1. Plus your car is a 4S and this was a Panamera base model. However, your MF converts to 6% which is quite a bit higher than the 4.8% for the Chandler deal (which I also thought was high). I doubt Porsche Financial Services has marked it up that much so I'm guessing your dealer isn't quoting you the "Buy" rate, but I may be wrong. The other interesting factors on the Chandler lease deal were a $995 acquisition fee and a $399 Doc Fee, both of which also seem high to me given my previous lease experiences with Lexus Financial. The advantage to the lease as mentioned above by others is you can hand the car back at the end of the lease or move to another lease and not have to worry about future mechanical problems once off warranty and you only pay the sales tax on the portion you use. Obviously the big disadvantage versus outright purchase is the various financial charges you incur. If you can't write it off then you have to determine if all the extra charges are worth the benefits. For most of us who can afford the outright purchase probably not the best idea to lease.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:35 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by knowspin
None, but they are owned by Automation and located in Irvine.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Eric.

Can you elabrate “stealer” and “wart”

It appears 6.5% off MSRP was decent but this is my first time around Porsche.

The wraith was just an analogy I used but of course I would never look into that. In conclusion I will purchase the Panamera vs lease.

Im very curious what % people got off MSRP still
"stealer" means that this dealer sold GT3s for over MSRP. "wart" is the Sport Chrono clock that protrudes from your dash.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:38 AM
Sliu6122
Advanced

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
That money factor seems a little high to me. Chandler Porsche in Arizona had a lease deal in December on a Panamera 4 with the following: 10k miles per year; 39 months; .00200 money factor; 57% residual. I believe the MF's and Residuals change quarterly so they were probably adjusted on 1/1. Plus your car is a 4S and this was a Panamera base model. However, your MF converts to 6% which is quite a bit higher than the 4.8% for the Chandler deal (which I also thought was high). I doubt Porsche Financial Services has marked it up that much so I'm guessing your dealer isn't quoting you the "Buy" rate, but I may be wrong. The other interesting factors on the Chandler lease deal were a $995 acquisition fee and a $399 Doc Fee, both of which also seem high to me given my previous lease experiences with Lexus Financial. The advantage to the lease as mentioned above by others is you can hand the car back at the end of the lease or move to another lease and not have to worry about future mechanical problems once off warranty and you only pay the sales tax on the portion you use. Obviously the big disadvantage versus outright purchase is the various financial charges you incur. If you can't write it off then you have to determine if all the extra charges are worth the benefits. For most of us who can afford the outright purchase probably not the best idea to lease.
The lease is ugly for sure. He showed me the buy rate on his computer with the lease payments and residual. Maybe this was their mark up?

However they have given me 8% off with their cost of the 3 year Maintenance. He mentioned it’s $2700 ish, but they will give us their cost at $2100.

MSRP is 141,500

Selling price is down to $130,180.

I think this is the rock bottom they will go.

Im very curious about the hybrid lease
Old 02-24-2018, 02:43 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

The lease is ugly for sure. He showed me the buy rate on his computer with the lease payments and residual. Maybe this was their mark up?

However they have given me 8% off with their cost of the 3 year Maintenance. He mentioned it’s $2700 ish, but they will give us their cost at $2100.

MSRP is 141,500

Selling price is down to $130,180.

I think this is the rock bottom they will go.

Im very curious about the hybrid lease
Getting 8% off for a car you don't have to wait for that meets almost all of your needs/wants is an excellent deal! There may be some on this forum that have done better but they have had to wait almost a year to get their custom ordered cars. Regarding the e-Hybrid and how the lease works I can share my opinion, but until I actually get my car delivered I can only give you what I've been told by dealers in the past. The way to reduce your lease payments is to first of all negotiate the outright purchase price. Once that is done, that price should become your "Cap Cost" for the lease. The MF "Buy" rate is set by Porsche Financial Services and also the residual is set by them. Most dealers (regardless of brand) have the option to mark up the "Buy" rate to make money for their dealership if the buyer is not savvy in this area. You want to shop around to various dealers to find out what is the real "Buy" rate for the Porsche and recognize it changes slightly every quarter. Assuming you can determine the real MF "Buy" rate and you know the residual, the next thing you have to find out is what is the Porsche Financial Services "Acquisition Fee" and Doc Fee. Again this is an area that dealerships can mark up so obviously you want the lowest amount possible. The advantage of the E-Hybrid for the lease option is the IRS has already approved a $6670 tax credit for the 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. If you buy the car you get this tax credit when you file your 2018 return next year. If you lease the car, the dealership gets the tax credit immediately and this is applied to your lease either as a direct reduction to your "Cap Cost" or as a credit to your payments. Better to have it applied to your "Cap Cost" if possible. A typical "loaded" 2018 E-Hybrid will MSRP at somewhere between $127,000 to around $135,000 so if you could get the 8% discount plus the $6670 tax credit, your "Cap Cost" would be somewhere around $110,000 to $122,000 plus the Acquisition Fee and Doc Fees and the residual (assuming 60%) would come out to be $76,200 to $81,000. So if my math is correct you would have to pay $52k to $55K plus the money factor over 36 months which should work out to roughly $1600 - $1700 per month including taxes. If you can't write it off to your business that could be a hard pill to swallow. But you can walk away at the end of the lease if you want to do so.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:45 AM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Getting 8% off for a car you don't have to wait for that meets almost all of your needs/wants is an excellent deal! There may be some on this forum that have done better but they have had to wait almost a year to get their custom ordered cars. Regarding the e-Hybrid and how the lease works I can share my opinion, but until I actually get my car delivered I can only give you what I've been told by dealers in the past. The way to reduce your lease payments is to first of all negotiate the outright purchase price. Once that is done, that price should become your "Cap Cost" for the lease. The MF "Buy" rate is set by Porsche Financial Services and also the residual is set by them. Most dealers (regardless of brand) have the option to mark up the "Buy" rate to make money for their dealership if the buyer is not savvy in this area. You want to shop around to various dealers to find out what is the real "Buy" rate for the Porsche and recognize it changes slightly every quarter. Assuming you can determine the real MF "Buy" rate and you know the residual, the next thing you have to find out is what is the Porsche Financial Services "Acquisition Fee" and Doc Fee. Again this is an area that dealerships can mark up so obviously you want the lowest amount possible. The advantage of the E-Hybrid for the lease option is the IRS has already approved a $6670 tax credit for the 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. If you buy the car you get this tax credit when you file your 2018 return next year. If you lease the car, the dealership gets the tax credit immediately and this is applied to your lease either as a direct reduction to your "Cap Cost" or as a credit to your payments. Better to have it applied to your "Cap Cost" if possible. A typical "loaded" 2018 E-Hybrid will MSRP at somewhere between $127,000 to around $135,000 so if you could get the 8% discount plus the $6670 tax credit, your "Cap Cost" would be somewhere around $110,000 to $122,000 plus the Acquisition Fee and Doc Fees and the residual (assuming 60%) would come out to be $76,200 to $81,000. So if my math is correct you would have to pay $52k to $55K plus the money factor over 36 months which should work out to roughly $1600 - $1700 per month including taxes. If you can't write it off to your business that could be a hard pill to swallow. But you can walk away at the end of the lease if you want to do so.
Thank you for this clear, concise description of the lease process. It's very helpful for someone who has never leased. It is the best single paragraph description of leasing I have ever read.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lease or buy 2017/18 Panamera