Panamera 2010-Current

PASM, All Wheel Drive, Start Stop Mode Fault

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:01 AM
Cars10
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PASM, All Wheel Drive, Start Stop Mode Fault

I have a 2010 Panamera 4S, love the car but I’m becoming very impatient with it. I bought the car used with 22,000 miles on it in November of 2012 from a Porsche dealer with a CPO warranty.
For the first 18 months everything seemed fine, my issues started with a “Fault All Wheel Drive System” light shortly after turning the steering wheel tight to the lock on the right side while maneuvering in a parking lot. I drove for about 20 miles to our next stop and shut the car down for about an hour. After restarting the car the “Fault” didn’t come back on that day. The next time I drove the car I got them all, PASM Failure, Fault All Wheel Drive and Start/Stop Mode. And since then I have been getting these three faults almost every time I drive the car which isn’t too often. The car has been to the dealer nine times trying to resolve the issue, they could not get the car to “Fault” when they drove it. The last time the car was in after my CPO warranty was up they got the car to “Fault”, read the code and decided to replace the Brake Light Switch. I drove the car home, it sat for several weeks before I had time to drive the car and within 10 minutes of starting the car I again got all three “Faults”. The dealer has told me I have a great car, I should enjoy as it is. I don’t have the tolerance to drive a car with a warning light staring me in the face. I’ve read through most of the Panamera Forum and found Air Compressor issues, Sticking Solenoid Control Valves, Dealer Upgrades to the software for All Wheel Drive Faults and Leaking Struts and bad Compressors on early model Panameras. I have searched the 991 Fourm as well and found an issue with a “Steering Angle Sensor” that created an All Wheel Drive Fault on a 911 4S. Does anyone have anything I can take to my dealer to get these issues fixed?
Old 04-21-2021, 09:03 PM
Scott O'Connor
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Did you ever get this resolved?

I got a slew of fault codes today, just driving along, including the PSM failure and AWD failure.

Actual codes using a scan tool include:

C12080 ECU
O02087 sport mode transmission
C120A1 control unit fault center differential lock
O0208A sport mode faulty
C12086 fault in electric parking brake control unit

pretty shocking after no issues over a year since my purchase.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:53 AM
rbrunelle
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Cars10
I have a 2010 Panamera 4S, love the car but I’m becoming very impatient with it. I bought the car used with 22,000 miles on it in November of 2012 from a Porsche dealer with a CPO warranty.
For the first 18 months everything seemed fine, my issues started with a “Fault All Wheel Drive System” light shortly after turning the steering wheel tight to the lock on the right side while maneuvering in a parking lot. I drove for about 20 miles to our next stop and shut the car down for about an hour. After restarting the car the “Fault” didn’t come back on that day. The next time I drove the car I got them all, PASM Failure, Fault All Wheel Drive and Start/Stop Mode. And since then I have been getting these three faults almost every time I drive the car which isn’t too often. The car has been to the dealer nine times trying to resolve the issue, they could not get the car to “Fault” when they drove it. The last time the car was in after my CPO warranty was up they got the car to “Fault”, read the code and decided to replace the Brake Light Switch. I drove the car home, it sat for several weeks before I had time to drive the car and within 10 minutes of starting the car I again got all three “Faults”. The dealer has told me I have a great car, I should enjoy as it is. I don’t have the tolerance to drive a car with a warning light staring me in the face. I’ve read through most of the Panamera Forum and found Air Compressor issues, Sticking Solenoid Control Valves, Dealer Upgrades to the software for All Wheel Drive Faults and Leaking Struts and bad Compressors on early model Panameras. I have searched the 991 Fourm as well and found an issue with a “Steering Angle Sensor” that created an All Wheel Drive Fault on a 911 4S. Does anyone have anything I can take to my dealer to get these issues fixed?
It definitely could be a faulty clock spring which might have given up the ghost when you did a steering wheel lock to one side. It's fairly easy to replace but unfortunately you need a bunch of codes to enter into it. The dealer has access to those codes. i was able to buy my codes from a chinese PIWIS supplier who would sell me my OEM codes for $125. That was cheaper than the dealer who charges $270 an hour here. To get at the clock spring, you need to remove the steering wheel air bag, remove the steering column cover, 4 screws only and then remove the steering wheel ( requires a special socket, Amazon sells it) Then you can remove the clockspring and replace it. I can do this in an hour( on and off) then another 30 min to program so likely a $1000 repair at your Porsche Dealer
Old 11-29-2021, 07:02 PM
mattbarrett10
AutoX

Default Did you get those issues resolved?

Did you get this fixed?? What was wrong?

C12080 ECU
O0208A sport mode faulty

pretty shocking after no issues over a year since my purchase.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-30-2021, 09:18 AM
rbrunelle
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mattbarrett10
Did you get this fixed?? What was wrong?

C12080 ECU
O0208A sport mode faulty

pretty shocking after no issues over a year since my purchase.
[/QUOTE]
When you see all these codes, the first question I would have is What is your battery SOH and SOC. Check that prior to starting the car. This car throws a lot of codes when the voltage is low. Both a bad battery and a bad alternator can cause this.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:16 PM
huy801
2nd Gear

Default Curious as to the fix

I just experienced the Christmas tree of warnings you described in your post. What was the fix?
Old 12-03-2023, 12:04 PM
Scott O'Connor
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 97 Posts

Mine ended up being a bad ignition coil. Pretty obscure connection to all the fault codes.

Quick Reply: PASM, All Wheel Drive, Start Stop Mode Fault