HELP! I need a P mechanic to engage as expert

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Bambam996
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! I need a P mechanic to engage as expert

Hi,
Looking for an expert to assist me in a warranty claim in Dallas TX. Short story 1st: Bought a Panamera, and at the same time bought a warranty for it (thru RedShield)sold to me by the dealership who sold me the car. Warranty started at the tome of sale with zero waiting period with zero miles or days to wait to be effective. Condition to get the warranty is that the car goes thru a PPI and its deemed eligible. My wife drove the car for 900 plus miles and almost two months when suddenly the PDK failed. Took the car to Porsche of Plano where they confirmed that the transmission is toast. The warranty people sent an adjuster and he denied the claim sighting:
The determination of this being a long term preexisting condition was made based on the level of severity of the system malfunction and the trouble codes being recently set as if they were erased and reset in effort to delete freeze frame data. While disassembly is required to determine the extent of damage, time frame establishment was easily set based on observations made in regard to symptoms.
Porsche of Plano says this is nonsense, that the tranny either works or it doesnt. I also took the report to Fifthgear and they agreed that the reason to deny the claim is ridiculous. That they are looking for a way to deny the claim and that the report is full of conjectures and assumptions. One of the codes that they reference is actually stamped with the actual mileage when the tranny broke and the other code is just a guide to pull a graph on how to troubleshoot the issue. Porsche techs say that this is all thats needed to know that the tranny was working before and the exact time when it broke. They also pointed out that when a dealer sells a car the car has to go thru a state inspection in order to get the plates. Cars cant pass inspection if there are codes in the system therefore that the car was in good shape. Furthermore the code that is on my wife's car is a hard code- meaning it can only be reset by fixing the issue (new PDK).
Here are the codes and what the adjuster says:
The tech checked for fault codes and found codes P1734-Displ sensor rod gears 2/R, implausible signal(incorrect signal), and U0418-Check PSM control unit fault memory content. These codes are stored and active. The freeze frame data shows no mileage set for the P1734 code but the U0418 code shows that it did set a value (mileage). The tech has a flow chart that shows to replace the sensor unit(valve body). The tech demonstrated that when the transmission is shifted into reverse, the gear indicator ashes at the R indicating that the transmission is in reverse but is also in an error state. With the transmission in reverse, the vehicle still moves forward. The tech lifted the vehicle and demonstrated that there are no leaks from the transmission, and the fluid is full and clean. There are no other symptoms demonstrated.
Customer is 51 days and 961 miles into policy
Im looking for an independent expert on Porsches (I will pay you for your expertise) to look at the report and meet at Porsche with the Porsche techs (who agree that this is not a preexisting condition) and the adjuster to challenge his report. I dont want to bore anyone with more details but its clear that they are just trying to avoid paying for the claim.

Any advice or help appreciated
Cheers

Quick Reply: HELP! I need a P mechanic to engage as expert