Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Volcano Grey vs Carrera White

Old 01-29-2018, 09:14 PM
ah2216
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano Grey vs Carrera White

Question for you guys, new to Porsche and close to closing a deal on a 2018 Panamera. I've always been drawn to pearl/metallic white cars, with tan/beige interiors, very classy/elegant colors and was leaning toward this direction until i saw the Volcano grey with the chalk/black interior. I'm really on the fence, and need to make a decision quick as the stock is limited and one of each remaining with the specs i'm looking for and not many available even outside the state.

For folks that have this color, can you answer the following:

Maintenance - how difficult is it to maintain each, specifically the VG

I'm afraid VG is like having a black car, where everythign shows, but part of me thinks it won't be as bad since it's not as dark. Is this accurate or is it the same challenge as a black car. If so, I need to go white lol

Any regrets with the color you went with... VG would be step out of my comfort zone, but thinking maybe i need to try something different.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:41 AM
VINK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same situation, got VG right before Christmas snow Love this color but snow/salt looked pretty nasty on it, not as bad as my black GLS which looked horrible when side by side! VG shows Panamera design curves better than white. Thats me though
Old 02-28-2018, 04:38 PM
Bigboyrolo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ah2216
Question for you guys, new to Porsche and close to closing a deal on a 2018 Panamera. I've always been drawn to pearl/metallic white cars, with tan/beige interiors, very classy/elegant colors and was leaning toward this direction until i saw the Volcano grey with the chalk/black interior. I'm really on the fence, and need to make a decision quick as the stock is limited and one of each remaining with the specs i'm looking for and not many available even outside the state.

For folks that have this color, can you answer the following:

Maintenance - how difficult is it to maintain each, specifically the VG

I'm afraid VG is like having a black car, where everythign shows, but part of me thinks it won't be as bad since it's not as dark. Is this accurate or is it the same challenge as a black car. If so, I need to go white lol

Any regrets with the color you went with... VG would be step out of my comfort zone, but thinking maybe i need to try something different.
VG and crayon every time. VG not as bad as black, as on my Macan. I now have a metallic black Panamera, it shows the dust/dirt much more. Get it ceramic coated, so easy to wash. Colour choices very personal, so get what you prefer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Volcano Grey vs Carrera White