Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Sport Turismo that have been delivered..

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Sport Turismo that have been delivered..

I seem to have lost the thread on this, so apologies if this is duplicated. Would love to see which cars have been delivered as I wait for mine.....
Old 01-22-2018, 03:39 PM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as I know, No cars have been delivered because they haven't been cleared by CARB. Mine is sitting at the port waiting for clearance. Very frustrating. I even got a letter from PCNA apologizing for the delay as it could be up to 12 weeks. My car was supposed to have been delivered first week of January.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:55 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cr207
As far as I know, No cars have been delivered because they haven't been cleared by CARB. Mine is sitting at the port waiting for clearance. Very frustrating. I even got a letter from PCNA apologizing for the delay as it could be up to 12 weeks. My car was supposed to have been delivered first week of January.
The majority of states do NOT require CARB (California Air Resources Board) certification. Since EPA certification has already been attained, cars have been shipped to dealers in those states and some customers have already taken delivery.
As to states that do require CARB certification (and I live in California, so that's me) nobody seems to know when to expect CARB approval.

On December 19, PCNA sent a letter to dealers saying (regarding the non-hybrid Sport Turismos) that EPA certification was expected in March, "likely April" for CARB. Since the EPA certification was attained two months ahead of that schedule, my dealer and I are hoping that means the CARB process will be accelerated as well.

FWIW, the first estimate for my car was delivery in December. It arrived at the dock in San Diego on 12/7. It's still sitting there.

If anyone has anything more up to the minute, please let us know!

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS7
'18 Panamera Turbo ST, "sitting on the dock of the bay..."
'18 911 GTS (V210 status, delivery in April)
Old 01-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

I am expecting delivery this weekend...scheduled date is 26th, but they will have to do PDI and sling some winter rims on.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:02 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DMoore
The majority of states do NOT require CARB (California Air Resources Board) certification. Since EPA certification has already been attained, cars have been shipped to dealers in those states and some customers have already taken delivery.
As to states that do require CARB certification (and I live in California, so that's me) nobody seems to know when to expect CARB approval.

On December 19, PCNA sent a letter to dealers saying (regarding the non-hybrid Sport Turismos) that EPA certification was expected in March, "likely April" for CARB. Since the EPA certification was attained two months ahead of that schedule, my dealer and I are hoping that means the CARB process will be accelerated as well.

FWIW, the first estimate for my car was delivery in December. It arrived at the dock in San Diego on 12/7. It's still sitting there.

If anyone has anything more up to the minute, please let us know!

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS7
'18 Panamera Turbo ST, "sitting on the dock of the bay..."
'18 911 GTS (V210 status, delivery in April)
I have a contact person at CARB. He has told me that "officially" they estimate it takes them approximately one month after EPA to release their certification. That is consistent with the PCNA dates released for non CARB and CARB deliveries to dealers. However my contact has told me if Porsche has delivered all the appropriate paperwork to CARB it can actually be completed in about two weeks unless they find a problem, which usually isn't the case. So hopefully your car will be delivered shortly. Please let us know exactly how it turns out. I'm still waiting for EPA certification on my E-Hybrid which has been in San Diego port since September.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:35 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Oner minot irritant. I always get the side markers on my GT3RS changed from orange to clear.

on the Pana this is not possible as I have been told there are no side markers at all on the Euro Panameras, so the clear part is not made...
Old 01-22-2018, 08:33 PM
DMoore
Pro

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I have a contact person at CARB. He has told me that "officially" they estimate it takes them approximately one month after EPA to release their certification. That is consistent with the PCNA dates released for non CARB and CARB deliveries to dealers. However my contact has told me if Porsche has delivered all the appropriate paperwork to CARB it can actually be completed in about two weeks unless they find a problem, which usually isn't the case. So hopefully your car will be delivered shortly. Please let us know exactly how it turns out. I'm still waiting for EPA certification on my E-Hybrid which has been in San Diego port since September.
LEFTY:

Thanks! That sounds pretty credible and I sure hope it's true. I ordered the car in June and my patience is wearing thin. I will update this as soon as something happens.

Thanks again.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'18 PTST, someday... eventually...
Old 01-23-2018, 12:29 AM
DMoore
Pro

WOO HOO!

Email this evening from my dealership. CARB certification is expected for the (non-hybrid) Sport Turismo models in the NEXT TWO WEEKS!

Man, it's going to break my heart if this is a false alarm.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo.... soon?

Last edited by DMoore; 01-23-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Its here!!!..going down to dealers to take a look...winter wheels next week so will leave it there till then. Will post a few pics later:!
Old 01-23-2018, 03:00 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by DMoore
WOO HOO!

Email this evening from my dealership, attaching a Jan. 22 dealership update from PCNA. CARB certification is expected for the (non-hybrid) Sport Turismo models in the NEXT TWO WEEKS!

Man, it's going to break my heart if this is a false alarm.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo.... soon?
Does the 1/22 dealership update from PCNA only deal with the Sport Turismos? Any other cars (e.g. Panamera 4 E-Hybrids) mentioned??
Old 01-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Not PDI'd

yet and just off the truck...still has suspension jacked up to delivery mode:
Old 01-24-2018, 03:38 PM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Default my dealer is telling me 3 more weeks

This is the email I just got after I said people were getting there cars.So the cars have received Federal EPA certification, but we are still waiting for CARB certification. Typically CARB comes about 2-3 weeks after Federal EPA - but it is subject to the government approval. It could be a week or even two or three. Fingers crossed, but the first step is complete!
Old 01-24-2018, 06:55 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by cr207
This is the email I just got after I said people were getting there cars.So the cars have received Federal EPA certification, but we are still waiting for CARB certification. Typically CARB comes about 2-3 weeks after Federal EPA - but it is subject to the government approval. It could be a week or even two or three. Fingers crossed, but the first step is complete!

I'm hoping you get it soon!! Please let us know.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:44 PM
asplund01
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last update on the 22nd said within two weeks on the ST for CARB states. For the E-Hybrids we've been told March
Old 02-02-2018, 01:11 PM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Default spoke with PCNA

The Panamera S Sport Turismo was signed off Today for CARB, all the different models have different dates. All in the next few days. You should all be getting cars in the next week or two max.

Quick Reply: Sport Turismo that have been delivered..