Panamera 2010-Current

suspension parts, China and thermostat housing

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 07:29 PM
care4era
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension parts, China and thermostat housing

I want to change my suspension parts on my Panamera turbo. I have read that Porsche can never locate the problem properly and so they suggest changing control arms, struts, airbags. In fact, that is what they have suggested to me at great expense. I took it to my independent guy and he says it looks like just the bushings and control arm is needed. Has anyone else done this for advice?

I have found aftermarket struts cheap if I have to replace
https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...sGalleryList=G

When I look on ebay it is exactly the same ones shipped out of honk kong for 2 or 3 times the price, so I think I will be contacting the Chinese direct
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Secondly, the dealer recommended that the thermostat housing should be replaced as it is a common problem of failure, they say sometime in the next 20,000km, if I do not there is a chance of the coolant leaking into the engines
Old 01-21-2018, 07:04 AM
care4era
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok So going directly via the Chinese I have found these prices:

Back suspension shock absorber $128 each

Front strut $350 each. These are the same after market parts being sold on ebay ( the front ones) for $800 USD or more. I also have a suspicion that the eu suppliers of these products are also getting chinese and adding on their margin.

All done for $956 USD. The local dealer gave a price of $6700 for the OEM parts. I can basically let the same parts fail 6 or 7 times over to being on an even footing.

Quick Reply: suspension parts, China and thermostat housing