Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera Model Year Changes & Options List?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:08 AM
daviper
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Panamera Model Year Changes & Options List?

Hi All -
I test drove a '16 Panamera GTS yesterday and loved it. The sound of the car was amazing, and the interior with the alcantara seats and carbon fiber dash spec blew me away. Coming from smaller cars I was concerned that the car would feel too large - but I was very pleasantly surprised - the size didn't bother me at all. I'll be in the market for a Panamera after the winter as my daily driver. I'd like to drive a turbo soon so I can test that as well - I loved everything about the GTS though I wasn't blown away by the power - so I'd like to at least see what a Turbo feels like before making a decision. I had originally planned to buy a sports car as a 2nd car - but have come to the realization that it's best for me to just have 1 car right now that can be a jack of all trades - the Panamera seems to fit the bill perfectly, especially with the AWD since I'm in the NorthEast.

The reason I'm posting is I'll be buying a used Panamera - and I'm having a hard time finding information as to the what options were available for each model year, and what changes were made to the car (outside of the 2014 model year exterior refresh). I've found some GREAT info on this forum comparing the GTS and Turbo - but I haven't been successful finding an options list so I know what I should be looking for for options on each model. Does anyone know of a thread or website that can tell me more about the options list for each model year?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:16 PM
SheLikesTheBoss
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're buying used so you have to go with whatever options you can find.
I don't know any website but it comes down to what features you're looking for. I was just in in the market like you were, here are some features/options that i definitely had to have:
- LED headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (makes a grand difference in the way the car looks when it's coming at you)
- BOSE Audio (a must)
- Park Assist, Front and Rear with Camera. (Since you're coming from a smaller car, you'll need this feature to learn how to navigate tight parking spots)

The current 2017/2018 Online configurator has very similar options to the 2014-2016 models. SInce you'll be getting a GTS or Turbo, a lot of options will come standard. The most important option is that loud V8 you'll be getting LOL
Old 10-23-2017, 10:07 AM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Agree with the above response. Porsche's option list is extensive. This site has a full option list, but may only help to confuse. As noted, GTS and Turbo have a number of options that will be standard. Also, refer to this link for additional technical details.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:27 PM
rajctt
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I drove a 2015 Panamera GTS today and 2017 Panamera 4S few days ago. Both are great and fast cars with very nice interiors. I felt that GTS has lot of sound. But the pull of the engine is not that strong, esp after my CTT experience. I am looking for something more edgy. Are there any viable options to have the power of 2014-15 Turbo and the sound/handling of GTS? Is a Turbo with PDCC and Sport exhaust the "ideal" combo?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:45 PM
rajctt
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry posted on wrong thread

Quick Reply: Panamera Model Year Changes & Options List?