Panamera 2010-Current

Hitch for 2018 Panamera Sport Turismo

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:04 PM
packomon
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitch for 2018 Panamera Sport Turismo

Picking up the 2018 ST soon and really want to put a hitch on the back so I can mount a bike rack there rather than on top of the car or on the back glass. I'm being told that Porsche has one that they will sell in Europe but not in the US. What?!
Anyone know of a hitch available for the 971 chassis? I've already checked with the usual suspects including InvisiHitch, StealthHitch, U-Haul, etc. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:27 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Years ago, I had a rear rack mount for my Miata. It was a metal plate that mounted underneath the rear license plate, which had a receiver extending below that plate. A bike rack inserted into that receiver, and then there was a stabilizing strap which attached to the deck lid. It's been too long - I don't remember the brand. But maybe something like that would work for you?

However. I've ridden bikes for 40+ years, and also raced for years. I still have 8 different bikes, many of them of collector quality. I would never put a bike on my rear bumper if I could instead put it on the roof. I believe that a roof rack is FAR safer for carrying bicycles. I will install a roof rack on my Panamera TST as soon as I receive it. Of course, ya gotta be careful when you pull into the garage. I've made that mistake a couple of times.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo... soon?

Quick Reply: Hitch for 2018 Panamera Sport Turismo