Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 2017 sterling failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Keith D
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera 2017 sterling failure

We purchased a new model 2017 Panamera which after a about 2000 miles suffered a steering failure. We were at low speed when the steering failed. We switched the engine off and on again but still had no steering. We were able to drive in a straight line and reverse but had no steering. We are aware of a post in America in December 2017 from someone who suffered what sounds like an identical issue though at higher speeds. Our car has been with Porsche since the failure who are being great but we wondered has this happened to anyone else. The car has not logged any fault on its computer. We are somewhat frightened to drive the vehicle now in case it re-occurs at high speed and if there is no fault identified and therefore no fix. We love the car and hope there is a fix but I’m aware that without any fault logged it will be difficult to identify what the issue is.

Regards
Keith
Old 01-08-2018, 02:27 AM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Read the thread on this forum, two people have experienced the same failure.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...g-failure.html
Old 01-08-2018, 08:42 PM
custerdog
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was me. I was driving a 2017 Panamera with just a few thousand miles on it at 60-65 mph on a highway when the power steering just failed. The wheel felt like it was 100 pounds and could barely be moved. I was lucky I didn't crash the car with two 12 year olds in the back seat. Porsche replaced the entire steering column and that issue has not re-occurred. However, the car has been at Porsche service about 10 times in the 9 months I've owned it. One issue after another. This weekend's latest: PCM failed (again) and the passenger mirror fell off while driving through a snowstorm. That was helpful. I've never driven a car as frustrating as this, my first Porsche.

Quick Reply: Panamera 2017 sterling failure