Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/)
-   -   2018 Panamera 4s digital dash switching on and off (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/1042281-2018-panamera-4s-digital-dash-switching-on-and-off.html)

crack3rd 01-07-2018 09:34 PM

2018 Panamera 4s digital dash switching on and off

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I was driving my 2018 Panamera 4S today and the digital dash keeps switching on and off. Does anyone experience this? If so, what did you guys do? I've added photos and videos below. https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...b2b6fdd609.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6dcfb2d135.jpg

Thanks so much in advance.

DrWoa 01-09-2018 02:14 PM

FWIW I've had my dash replaced after a total communication failure @ 2000 miles

crack3rd 01-09-2018 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by DrWoa (Post 14720192)
FWIW I've had my dash replaced after a total communication failure @ 2000 miles

Thank you for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, were you experiencing same kind of problem or totally different?

DrWoa 01-11-2018 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by crack3rd (Post 14720632)
Thank you for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, were you experiencing same kind of problem or totally different?

My dash started flickering, I got a ACC not possible, PASM disabled, please contact your service provider. It went away so I ignored it.

A couple weeks later my dash stayed black, and every time I tried to start my car the hazards would come on. Nothing. Apparently it wasn't detecting the key. Weird. It eventually let me start the car but all kinds of warning lights came up on the dash. I had it towed to the dealer and they replaced my dash, and updated the software in my PDK/rebalanaced the fluids to improve the 1-2 shift smoothness.

I've not had any problems since and I'm over 6500 miles.

crack3rd 04-14-2018 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by DrWoa (Post 14725026)
My dash started flickering, I got a ACC not possible, PASM disabled, please contact your service provider. It went away so I ignored it.

A couple weeks later my dash stayed black, and every time I tried to start my car the hazards would come on. Nothing. Apparently it wasn't detecting the key. Weird. It eventually let me start the car but all kinds of warning lights came up on the dash. I had it towed to the dealer and they replaced my dash, and updated the software in my PDK/rebalanaced the fluids to improve the 1-2 shift smoothness.

I've not had any problems since and I'm over 6500 miles.

The dealer told me they need to replace the dash screen and that they had to order it from Germany. About a month later, they told me that the part is here for the replacement. They replaced it with the new dash and told me that it should be good. A few days later, I told them that the dash still flickers when I receive a call. Brought it back in a few days ago and told them that I am getting frustrated and would "lemon law" it if the problem still exists. They need to run a few tests and asked me to drive a few days without Bluetooth. If the dash doesn't flicker, they told me that I need to remove any emoji on my contact list as the emojis might be causing the system to malfunction. I told them that it doesn't make any sense. It works fine on other cars like their rental macan. The dealership said they understand my frustration but they still need me to run these tests. So frustrating to keep going back and forth!

crack3rd 05-04-2018 07:16 PM

Porsche finally "found" the cause of the problem. They claimed that the emojis on my contact list is what's causing the screen on and off. So they suggested that I should remove all the emojis and the car will be fine. I explained to them what I needed the emojis and they said that's the best advice they have for me right now. I also explained to them that this shouldn't be happening on a $150k+ car and they said many car manufacturers are facing the same problem. I told them that I'd driven BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Japanese cars but none of those have any problems with emoji. I think the lady from Porsche got pissed and started shouting say they are different and said: "It's like you are comparing iPhone and Android." I told them their old PCM was handling the emojis well too, but she went on saying its different and I should remove the emojis. Instead of upgrading the software to handle the emojis, their "answer" was to ask the customer to remove it. I'm sure I'm not the only customer that uses emoji in the contacts.

DogWood 05-04-2018 07:38 PM

welcome to first model year blues - in her defense, she's probably just a peon way down on the totem pole and only knows what her managers have told her, hopefully corporate Porsche is aware of the issue and working on it - just might be a bit low on the priority list of all the other first year problems