Panamera 2010-Current

Jacking point?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 08:53 PM
Bluehorizon
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Jacking point?

Had a bit of a mishap in my 2018 Panamera today. Reversed out of the driveway and didn't spot a basketball that had been left on the right hand side of the car so I ended up reversing over it. Long story short, looked underneath the car and a plastic bolt was on the floor and noticed that what I think is one of the jacking point has come lose (and broken).

Can anyone confirm this is the jacking point and that I'm looking at the right part to replace it? Photo of the part below and here is what I was looking at to purchase: https://www.delawareporscheparts.com...hoCYbwQAvD_BwE

Oh, and can't seem to find the right bolt to go with it

Old 03-31-2019, 09:44 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

That came off from a basketball...that would concern me for a jack point.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:43 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehorizon
Had a bit of a mishap in my 2018 Panamera today. Reversed out of the driveway and didn't spot a basketball that had been left on the right hand side of the car so I ended up reversing over it. Long story short, looked underneath the car and a plastic bolt was on the floor and noticed that what I think is one of the jacking point has come lose (and broken).

Can anyone confirm this is the jacking point and that I'm looking at the right part to replace it? Photo of the part below and here is what I was looking at to purchase: https://www.delawareporscheparts.com...hoCYbwQAvD_BwE

Oh, and can't seem to find the right bolt to go with it
Yes, that is a jack pad. It provides a pad / extension to reach the structural sill covered recessed behind the lower plastic bodywork. As you can see in this photo there is a round cap that covers the center hole. Have you looked to see if the fastener is still there? I suspect the bolt you are referring to is still there.There pads are replaceable items as needed, I find this pad arrangement to be much preferable to the typical folded pinch weld found on most rocker panels. Use of folded pinch weld jacking points required the use of a special pinch weld specific jack, or adapter pads, or some method to assure the folded pinch weld does not get bent or damaged when jacking.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:37 PM
Bluehorizon
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks. Yes, I found the bolt on the driveway although it needs replacing. Didn't find the cap though.

Trying to find the right part to avoid spending a bunch in Porsche dealership labor costs!

Quick Reply: Jacking point?