Changing from Panamera 4S to 4 E Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 07:10 PM
David Patel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing from Panamera 4S to 4 E Hybrid

Hi All

I've not posted up here for sometime ; been enjoying six months of bliss in my GT silver Panamera 4S.
So i use the Pana 4S to drive to work maybe 2 or 3 days a week; the drive involves the A127 dualcarriageway, M25, A13 and then some local town driving. i find the mpg is brilliant in the Panamera; i'm one of those drivers who loves glue sticking, g force type push when you put your foot down but equally happy to cruise at anywhere between 60 and 80. on average i feel i get good mpg - say around 34mpg.

So I'm thinking of buying a 4 E Hybrid brand new to be able to stick it in as a company car and accept the lower P11d BIK.

I'm read reviews but i'm a little sceptical; i'm not looking for a GT, but i'm wondering if anyone out there has had a Panamera 4S and then changed to the E Hybrid.

What are real world mpg's
Can anyone offer any advice from a running perspective but also what options don't really work in an E Hybrid (if that exists).
The chances are i am going to have to buy something unregistered and in stock so may not get all my bells and whistles but i really want sport design kit and the sports exhaust

Sorry for so much asking but hoping those of you especially in the UK with experience would be so much better equipped to answer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 192 Posts

Hi David.I'm based in West Wales and currently own a Panamera 4e hybrid Sport Turismo which i bought as a showroom car a month ago..I p/xed my July Panamera 4e hybrid saloon for it and as the Sport Turismo was an unregistered new showroom and December i had a fantastic p/x deal..I also have a Cayenne e hybrid and have just picked up a new RY GT3..I only mention this as i can sort of justify my hybrids being a high tax rate S/E business owner as for business use the hybrids are vastly cheaper to buy and run.
My hybrid saloon was a white/red leather on 20'' wheels,RAS,Radar cc,4 zone cc ,Panoramic view but no Panoramic roof..My new Sport turismo is Jet Black,black calipers,Black painted Exclusive 21'' wheels,Panoramic roof and privacy glass,Panoramic view but none of the other options which were on the saloon.
My new one looks quantifiably better than my white one and stunning in person..I would never ever buy the saloon after having the Sport Turismo as the third rear seat is much more useful than it looks and the extra 25L of boot space although stingy makes for a much more practical shape..My new one has the optional black sport tailpipes and makes a more sporty noise than the standard pipes and the first thing we noticed.I don't miss the 4 zone cc but noticed the lack of RAS and adaptive cruise although neither should be deal breakers..The steering imo is slightly heavy at parking speed so i would spec Power steering + if possible.
So my advice is get a Sport Turismo with Panoramic roof/Privacy glass and the 21'' rims..On a full battery it has a range of about 28 miles compared to about 15 miles on my Cayenne so a useful range if commuting..
Old 01-03-2018, 04:39 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi David. I have mentioned this on other threads but it's a good question!

0-20 mile journey (winter - closer to 30 miles in summer) = 100% electric/infinite MPG
20 - 50 mile journey = 60-70 mpg
Motorway cruise with occasional blast = 35 mpg
Sport mode, country lane, manual = 15 mpg

ST v Saloon - depends on taste. From some angles I think the ST is much prettier but from others I think it is very back-end heavy - looks like too much car slung over the back wheels. You didn't ask this question but hey. Interior wise the saloon is that little but more special in the back.

Great thing about the Hybrid is it can remote pre-heat - the BEST option in an English winter, although it does kill the battery. Get the higher spec KW charger thing in the car. Otherwise I cannot think of any differences.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,177 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by David Patel
Hi All

I've not posted up here for sometime ; been enjoying six months of bliss in my GT silver Panamera 4S.
So i use the Pana 4S to drive to work maybe 2 or 3 days a week; the drive involves the A127 dualcarriageway, M25, A13 and then some local town driving. i find the mpg is brilliant in the Panamera; i'm one of those drivers who loves glue sticking, g force type push when you put your foot down but equally happy to cruise at anywhere between 60 and 80. on average i feel i get good mpg - say around 34mpg.

So I'm thinking of buying a 4 E Hybrid brand new to be able to stick it in as a company car and accept the lower P11d BIK.

I'm read reviews but i'm a little sceptical; i'm not looking for a GT, but i'm wondering if anyone out there has had a Panamera 4S and then changed to the E Hybrid.

What are real world mpg's
Can anyone offer any advice from a running perspective but also what options don't really work in an E Hybrid (if that exists).
The chances are i am going to have to buy something unregistered and in stock so may not get all my bells and whistles but i really want sport design kit and the sports exhaust

Sorry for so much asking but hoping those of you especially in the UK with experience would be so much better equipped to answer.

Thanks in advance.
Hi. Wow, you're doing really well to get 34mpg out of your 4S! I am loving my 2017 Panamera 4, but rarely reach even 30mpg. My average consumption including 'spirited bursts' is in the mid 20s, mostly in Sport mode. But hey, who buys a Porsche for the mpg!

Quick Reply: Changing from Panamera 4S to 4 E Hybrid