Help Pls: 2011 Panamera4 DriverSide Mirror Folding Too Far - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > Panamera
Reload this Page >

Help Pls: 2011 Panamera4 DriverSide Mirror Folding Too Far

Notices

Help Pls: 2011 Panamera4 DriverSide Mirror Folding Too Far

Old 12-26-2017, 08:38 PM
dreamtank
User

Default Help Pls: 2011 Panamera4 DriverSide Mirror Folding Too Far

Hey everyone, have a Panamera4 with a driver side mirror that is rotating WAY too far when trying to go from folded to regular position.

Happened randomly after a fill up at the gas station, in cold weather.

When folding the mirror it is fine, but when trying to unfold the motor will keep rotating the mirror until it's facing the ground.

Ive tried unfolding the mirror then using my hand to stop rotation at the correct position. Problem is, when I insert key and turn to start it will automatically fold down again. Real annoying!

My temp solution has been to manually turn the mirror from the incorrect position up to the correct position. When doing this I can feel the mirror dislodging from the arm/track (pressing the fold button will cause the mirror to snap back into place, but recreate the problem in the last paragraph). This is the only way I've discovered to keep the mirror stationary.

Hope someone can help! Have attached a pic of the incorrect overfolded position.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:20 AM
PTEC
User

This happens when there gets to be excessive play in the pivot mechanism and the motor misses the stop when its folding out. The mirror base assembly will need to be replaced which will require removal of the mirror from the door and complete disassembly of the mirror housing.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:35 AM
Panaseeya
User

I had my passenger side one get all loose and wonky when I started up and I just kept turning it manually to try to reset it and about the 3rd or 4th time it worked and it's been fine ever since.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:33 AM
CHI-ALAN
User

I had the same thing happen with my driver's side mirror last summer. 2012 P4. It did it maybe 3-4 times and it hasn't done it since. I too would manually move it back to the correct position.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:55 PM
dreamtank
User

Ok so quick update I was able to fix this by manually playing with the mirror "notch" positions.

I basically had the mirror move/rotate to the incorrect downward-facing position then moved back until it "snapped" into the correct spot.

I did try this before except it wouldn't snap into the correct position if that makes sense - it would be off by a few inches.

so if you have this same problem it can take some trial and error to get the positioning right.

all good now! Thanks everyone for the feedback

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Pls: 2011 Panamera4 DriverSide Mirror Folding Too Far

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: