Panamera Hybrid Purchase Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 12:33 AM
jahman
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera Hybrid Purchase Help

Hi,
I'm a sometime lurker on these forums and recently became interested in purchasing a bigger car for hauling two kids. I found a 2013 Porsche Panamera S Hybrid for sale about 50 miles away from San Antonio, where I live. It is in great condition, with 62K miles on it, and has about 10 months remaining on a CPO warranty. I'd be buying it from the second owner, who bought it CPO. I spoke to the local P-car dealer who serviced it for the second owner, and found that it was up to date on routine maintenance and had no major service items in the past 50K miles (as far back as their records went). I'm uneasy about buying a hybrid because of complexity and difficulty of service, so I wanted to get a PPI done. Unfortunately, the seller was not willing to bring the car into the city for an inspection, and besides that the dealer is unwilling to do the inspection because of liability issues. I'm looking for suggestions about how to deal with this, and/or whether anyone might know someone who could inspect the car in Utopia, TX?
Also wonder what mechanical or electrical issues I should be looking for in asking about problems? Any known gremlins with the hybrid motor or battery pack?
Old 12-16-2017, 03:40 AM
dougpan4
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I highly suggest that you go to Porsche https://www.porsche.com/usa/ , pre-owned vehicles and search for your porsche se hybrid. There are many to choose. I would go with CPO 2014 or 15 so you can have a piece of mind till 2020 or 2021 full warranty. I bought my 2015 Pan4 - CPO through porsche dealer. Actually it was a good price ... When you have $ you have time and no rush. Good deal is coming all the time ... Dec- to January is your advantage ...

have fun to search.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:26 PM
jahman
AutoX

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2017, 01:24 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Hopefully its not too late but I would recommend staying away from the s hybrid. There is practically no use to this vehicle. The electric range is pretty much non existent. There is no real advantage to it IMO, only down sides which as you mentioned are added complexity and increased difficulty of service which when you are out of warranty is not going to work out well for you. I wound strongly consider a panamera v6 instead.

Quick Reply: Panamera Hybrid Purchase Help