Rear Spoiler - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Rear Spoiler

Old 12-08-2017, 01:16 PM
NorthernMonkey
User

Default Rear Spoiler

Anyone got a pic of their rear spoiler in the "down" position?

on my 2017 Panamera 4 the leading two edges of the spoiler don't seem to sit flush. I've attached a pic of this and i will admit it is a bit of a close up so looks more exaggerated than say when you are stood 1-2m away from the car but wondered if anyone with similar car could share a snap of theirs.

OPC said it may need re-calibrating so are going to book it in. the lower edge / line above the rear lights and the "PORSCHE" logo lines up perfectly. its just the two "tips" if you call it that that stick up a bit. same on both sides. if you "push" down on that section there is obviously "give" there as the whole spoiler mechanism is i guess designed to be flexible on its mounts. it definitely was not like this on delivery so seems like with "use" its loosened up a bit.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:32 AM
thorfun
User

Here’s mine (4e-hybrid). Not as pronounced as yours but sticks up a little.
​​​​​​​

Old 12-10-2017, 03:47 AM
jtorrebl
Addict
Rennlist Member

Perfectly flush
Originally Posted by thorfun View Post
Hereĺs mine (4e-hybrid). Not as pronounced as yours but sticks up a little.
​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Old 12-10-2017, 06:44 AM
thorfun
User

Originally Posted by jtorrebl View Post

Perfectly flush

​​
Hmmmm....maybe I should get mine checked out as well!
Old 01-05-2018, 10:16 AM
NorthernMonkey
User

update on this....car went in to have the fuel filler body replaced to remedy the bad fit and stickiness of that. whilst it was in also got them to look at the spoiler. Sorted. somehow, possibly during a s/w update? the spoiler motor calibration had gone awry, technician hooked car up to some laptop went to some program that re-calibrates the spoiler motor positions for the various movements and it now sits how it should. if your spoiler is sitting "high" like the pic i attached next time you have time get it booked into your local OPC and they can sort this pretty easily.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Wing Commander
User

Thanks, NorthernMonkey. Another thing to look out for. Sounds like your OPC have been very helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:15 PM
thorfun
User

Originally Posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
update on this....car went in to have the fuel filler body replaced to remedy the bad fit and stickiness of that. whilst it was in also got them to look at the spoiler. Sorted. somehow, possibly during a s/w update? the spoiler motor calibration had gone awry, technician hooked car up to some laptop went to some program that re-calibrates the spoiler motor positions for the various movements and it now sits how it should. if your spoiler is sitting "high" like the pic i attached next time you have time get it booked into your local OPC and they can sort this pretty easily.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: