Sport Turismo delivery date set! - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Sport Turismo delivery date set!

Old 12-05-2017, 01:49 AM
CowboyRoy
User

Default Sport Turismo delivery date set!

According to PCNA, I can come to the HQ on January 17 after lunch to pick up my car.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:41 AM
DMoore
User

You're lucky you don't live in California. My Turbo ST will arrive at the port in San Diego by the end of this week. It needs to be certified by both EPA AND the California Air Resources Board. At the LA show just this evening, a PCNA rep confirmed what my dealer has been saying. I'll probably have to wait until early February before I see my new baby. As I wrote in another threat, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who's been told he can't open his presents for two more months. Damn!

DMoore
'15 GT3
'18 Panamera Turbo ST, whenever EPA and CARB decide...
Old 12-21-2017, 03:05 AM
DMoore
User

Default Awwwww.... man....

So tonight I drop in on my dealer after work. Salesman told me he "had something to show me."

It was an announcement from Porsche to their dealers, dated yesterday. According to it, the Panamera Sport Turismo is now delayed for EPA certification until March. CARB certification (California) is delayed until "likely April."

That means that my car will have sat at the dock for FOUR MONTHS before I see it, assuming no further delays. (And why would I assume that?) I ordered it in June, and I'm now hoping for delivery 10 months later. This really, really sucks.

I also expressed an interest in a 911 GTS to replace my GT3, for which the lease is now expiring. I was told "no allocations at present. You're probably looking at August, maybe not until Model Year 2019."

Good Lord. Is this any way to run a railroad? Advertise the crap out of your cars, have all the magazines push the hell out of them, and then tell loyal customers (I've already bought or leased 7 news Porsches in 10 years) "Sorry, we just don't feel like building that." Sheesh.

DMoore
'15GT3
'16 RS7
Old 12-21-2017, 05:34 PM
pmichaelis
User

Thank your state government, California weenies burn down and pollute half the state but are concerned that a few Porsches will do damage even though they are acceptable in the rest of the states and world !
Old 12-21-2017, 09:53 PM
Marcio Gregorio
New User

Iíve just received the same email from pcna. I ordered a panamera turbo s hybrid back in april/may, and after repeated delay notices, they now informed that I should not see the car at least until may. Merry xmas porsche!
Old 12-22-2017, 01:17 AM
DMoore
User

Default Today's email from PCNA

Today I received an email from PCNA. They now "estimate" at least February before Turbo Sport Turismo Delivery. Obviously, this was drafted before they sent the announcement to dealers that it's going to be April in California. But to compensate for the delay, they will add an additional one year of free service to the sales contract, meaning that the contract will now include two years of free service. It's something. I'd rather get my car!

DMoore
'15 GT3
'18 PTST - someday - maybe - when?
Old 12-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pmichaelis
Thank your state government, California weenies burn down and pollute half the state but are concerned that a few Porsches will do damage even though they are acceptable in the rest of the states and world !
I don't get it. Have you seen other car companies have this same exact issue?
Old 01-08-2018, 03:12 PM
AMM
New User

Default Turismo delivery date

I am in NJ. Ordered Turismo Turbo Sport in September, 2017 with an expected delivery date of 1 February, 2018. I was informed last week that delivery would be delayed due to lack of CARB certification.. However EPA certification has been obtained. NJ requires CARB cert in addition to EPA..I was further advised that March, 2018 was the most likely release for sale date in the North East. I have owned 5 Porsche's since 1990 and look forward to driving this newest one when I finally get it.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:17 PM
CowboyRoy
User

Default Bob ainít here

Iíve been getting a lot of PMs regarding this and I will post details and pics on another forum next week at pickup.

I am off Rennlist due to a overzealous moderator on a power trip. I canít stand people like that.

Iíll be lurking but not posting anything beneficial to this forum ever again. I canít support this behavior.

Search this Thread