Panamera 2010-Current

Considering a Panamera as my new DD

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Chris51080
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Considering a Panamera as my new DD

After trying the AMG S63 madness for a few years, I'm looking to pick up a Panamera Turbo as my new DD.

My budget puts me at 2010-2012 Turbo models.
They seem pretty reliable, obviously I'll have to make an appointment to address the cam adjuster bolts.

I guess my main questions are related to living with the Panamera:
For those with adaptive cruise, what do you think of it? Does it work well, or is it a poorly implemented design. I love it on my Mercedes, and hope Porsche did it right.
If you have the cream leather seats, how do they hold up? I assume they'll pick up some dye transfer from blue jeans and the like, but I'm hoping this color is not a total pain in a DD.

Lastly, what's the general consensus on PDCC. I had it on my cayenne and loved it there. I don't believe I need it, and would only actively avoid it if it is remotely problematic. It seemed like a solid system, but I just want to be sure I'm not walking into a money pit like the AMG active body control on my S63.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:40 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Chris,
Hello, I am selling my Panamera Turbo (same as on my avatar), it is listed here on Rennlist and follow this link for photos: This is a concours condition car 1st place winner at the recent PCA Concours D'Elegance Miami 11/19/2017, it has all the bells and whistles, original paint ceramic protected inside and out and multiple cosmetic upgrades (only 13,561 miles) with everything sorted and all records from window sticker and down so if you are interested I can answer all your questions, please call or text me at (786) 266-7687. The car has been used as a back drop in several modeling photo shoots here in Miami Beach. Yachting Cream interior holds extremely well with the leather treatment and ceramic interior protection. That said my car is mint/concours because I try to avoid wearing jeans while driving it as much as possible, at least blue jeans. I also have never had coffee to go inside the car and I am a caffeine junkie. I set down the seat protector on the back when setting the Porsche G2 child seat for my 2 year old son who loves to go for drives with me.. If you like the car call or message me at your convenience. I would love for it to go to another Rennlister or PCA member that understands and cares for a Porsche as much as I do. Only reason for sale is making room for a 993S and have 5 cars and little time to drive them all. Thanks for your time. Julio

Photo Link here: http://bit.ly/2kaGfcM
Old 12-01-2017, 01:05 AM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I would get PDCC if you can. It lends amazing lateral stability to the huge mass around curves (taken as they should be). Haven't heard of any issues about it.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

Beautiful car, Julio!
Old 12-01-2017, 04:54 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Thank you Zetta, and it does have PDCC.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:59 AM
sgetsiv
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Chris,

I've had my black on black 2012 Turbo since July. It has adaptive cruise which I use almost daily. This is my daily driver and I use it just like my last SUV - definitely not even trying to keep it perfect. I can carry my road bicycle in the back without taking off the wheels. Couldn't be happier. Feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks,

Steve

Quick Reply: Considering a Panamera as my new DD