[UPDATED WITH PICTURES] Help choosing colour/wheel combination

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 11:05 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [UPDATED WITH FINAL SELECTION] Help choosing colour/wheel combination

*** UPDATE: FINALISED MY CONFIGURATION ***

Today I finalised my configuration and I ultimately decided to go with the Agate Grey and Platinum SportDesign wheels. I currently have a midnight blue Cayenne so the the Agate Grey is a little lighter and more appealing to me. For those who care :-) my full config is as follows:
  • Agate Grey Metallic
  • 21" SportDesign Wheels in Satin Platinum
  • Sport Tailpipes in Black
  • Brake Calipers in Black
  • Leather Interior in Black
  • Deletion of Model Designation
  • 'PORSCHE' Logo in Black
  • Window Trim in High Gloss Black
  • Assistant Package (Night Vision, InnoDrive, LDW)
  • Premium Package (14 way seats, Comfort Access, LCA, BOSE)
  • LED-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
  • Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Seat Ventilation (Front)
  • ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
  • Voice Control
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Power Steering Plus
  • Ioniser
  • Steering Wheel Heating
  • Retractable Luggage Compartment Cover
  • Smoking Package
  • Vehicle Cable (25ft)
  • 7.2 kW Onboard Charger
  • Storage Package
*** END UPDATE ***

I have put in an order for a 2018 Panamera e-hybrid. My current spec is agate gray with 21” Sport Design wheels in Platinum, and Black sport dual exhaust tips. I’m now second guessing my selection, and wondering if perhaps I should go with Volcano and 21” Turbo wheels, and the silver dual exhaust tips...or even Agate Gray with the same Turbo wheel setup. (See pictures of the configurations in the posts below)

The agate gray/sport design feels sporty and the volcano/turbo feels more elegant.

Let me know what you think by voting in the attached poll

Last edited by theCayenne; 12-04-2017 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Updated title & Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:50 AM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

It would help to see the combinations here.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:21 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
It would help to see the combinations here.
+1
Old 11-20-2017, 02:18 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Agate Gray, 21" Sport Design Wheels in Platinum, Black Sport Exhaust

Old 11-20-2017, 02:21 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Volcano, 21" Turbo Wheels, Silver Sport Exhaust

Old 11-20-2017, 02:22 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Agate Gray, 21" Turbo Wheels, Silver Sport Exhaust

Old 11-21-2017, 09:19 AM
thorfun
Racer

i've voted but, to be honest, i would have a combination of them.

i would have the volcano grey with the turbo wheels and black tail pipes. but i would also have the acid green calipers as i really like them! i have a black 4e-hybrid with the 21" turbo wheels and acid green calipers. i love the contrast between the black and the acid green.

the problem with this sort of vote is the limited choices but also it's such a personal thing! i understand your frustration, i must've been through the configurator at least 10 times a day making changes and comparing options etc. i drove my family crazy with the constant "how about this one? or this one? what do you think of this?" questioning.

bottom line is, the car is amazing in whatever colour, wheel, tail pipe, options combo you choose. good luck with it all....i'm sure you'll be happy with it whatever you choose.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:30 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thorfun

i would have the volcano grey with the turbo wheels and black tail pipes. but i would also have the acid green calipers as i really like them! i have a black 4e-hybrid with the 21" turbo wheels and acid green calipers. i love the contrast between the black and the acid green.

the problem with this sort of vote is the limited choices but also it's such a personal thing! i understand your frustration, i must've been through the configurator at least 10 times a day making changes and comparing options etc. i drove my family crazy with the constant "how about this one? or this one? what do you think of this?" questioning.

bottom line is, the car is amazing in whatever colour, wheel, tail pipe, options combo you choose. good luck with it all....i'm sure you'll be happy with it whatever you choose.
Great looking car thor! Love the black color and the turbo wheels. I also like that you left the window trim as it is as it compliments the wheel. I wished I have PDLS+ in my car!
Old 11-21-2017, 11:57 AM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by crack3rd
Great looking car thor! Love the black color and the turbo wheels. I also like that you left the window trim as it is as it compliments the wheel. I wished I have PDLS+ in my car!
thanks. i like it!!

actually, I have the matrix headlights, not only do they make the car look nicer they are amazing to use on the road at night. i now really dislike the wife's ML at night as the headlights are either full beam or not rather than a mixture of both that i get with the matrix lights.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:04 PM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks. i like it!!

actually, I have the matrix headlights, not only do they make the car look nicer they are amazing to use on the road at night. i now really dislike the wife's ML at night as the headlights are either full beam or not rather than a mixture of both that i get with the matrix lights.
I saw someone from my apartment with the matrix headlights and I was so jealous of it. Anyway, below is a picture of my car.

Last edited by crack3rd; 11-21-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:08 PM
thorfun
Racer

Originally Posted by crack3rd
I saw someone from my apartment with the matrix headlights and I was so jealous of it. Anyway, below is a picture of my car.

very nice indeed!
Old 11-21-2017, 04:46 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Your car looks fabulous! I agree it is a very personal decision. I actually like all three combinations with a lean towards the agate + platinum wheels. Part of the fun of ordering a new car is fiddling with all the options and colour choices (Porsche making it all the harder with their plethora of options), and engaging with fellow enthusiasts on forums such as this. So thank you for indulging me, as I have driven my wife bonkers!
Old 11-21-2017, 04:52 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

thanks. i like it!!

Can anyone shed light on whether the matrix lights are worth optioning in America. My understanding is that due to regulations, the LEDs must act as one lighting unit, and if that is the case is the premium justified?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:24 AM
jrjunior31
Advanced

Agate has been around longer than Volcano so it may look outdated right away or at a minimum it will look dated faster than Volcano. Volcano was not available on Gen 1 Panamera whereas Agate I believe was. For this reason alone I would go Volcano.

Regarding wheels I've seen a ton of 17+ Panameras at the dealer and the 911 Turbos look better, IMO. It's an impressive wheel and it's also forged, which the SD probably is not.

I actually don't think the choice is even close. Agate w Platinum color SD is too matchy/matchy. It's nice to have some contrast between body color and wheel finish. The Volcano/Turbo wheel is a nice combo, there's some high res pics of this combo floating around I'll see if I can track them down. Hope this helps...

Last edited by jrjunior31; 11-23-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:35 AM
jrjunior31
Advanced

Default Volcano/911 Turbos

Quick Reply: [UPDATED WITH PICTURES] Help choosing colour/wheel combination