Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

P4 ordered and a couple of questions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 11:07 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P4 ordered and a couple of questions!

Hello all,

I just ordered a Panamera 4 (which renders my username redundant), and I must say I am quite excited about the car! Would love to get folks thoughts on my config:

• Agate gray metallic
  • Leather interior in black
  • Premium Package
  • Deletion Model Designation
  • LED headlights incl. Porsche PDLS
  • ParkAssist including surround view
  • Window trim in gloss black
  • Porsche logo in black
  • Power steering plus
  • Adaptive air suspension incl. PASM
  • 21" SportDesign wheels in Satin Aluminium
  • Massage Seat function (front) incl. seat ventilation (front)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Storage package
  • Retractable Luggage Compartment cover
  • Steering wheel heating
  • Voice Control

Am I missing any must have options? Anything jump out at folks as being a pointless options (I know that much is personal preference on both counts)

Anyone have experience with the seat massage option? Worth it?

Ditto air suspension. I have it on my Cayenne and like it. Is it worth it on the Panamera?

Also 2018 panamera owners in the US, can you permanently disable auto start/stop in this vehicle or does it reset every time you restart the car?
Old 11-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Drivingoncords
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I find the soft close doors option to be very nice. The doors are heavy and often don't latch all the way.

Sport chrono if you want launch control.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:16 AM
KNor
AutoX

The Panamera Hybrid I borrowed from the dealer for a couple of days had the massage seats, and I promptly decided to "downgrade" from 18-way to 14-way seats in my spec, so that I could get the massage option. It was so nice for long driving.

I would put Sports Exhaust on any Porsche, but I wouldn't say that you're missing anything that is a must-have. The rear wheel steering on my 911 has been surprisingly nice for tight city driving and parking, not just for hooning it around corners, but again - definitely not a must have.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:47 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with david56. I checked the options you added and suggest that you choose "Premium Package Plus" instead of Premium Package. If I am not wrong, the difference should be $530 and you get a lot more goodies. I just got my Panamera'18 about 2 months ago. I don't think you can permanently disable auto start/stop. The air suspension is a good option. It really smoothen the ride.
Things I would suggest getting:

1) PDLS+ It looks a lot better than PDLS. I regretted not adding this option.

2) 4 zone climate; Dislike that there's a hole in the back, which make and feel it like a cheap car.

3) Smoking package. It doesn't cost you anything.

If your budget allows you,

4) Real Axle Steering, Sports Chrono, and Sports Exhaust are good options too.

5) Thermally & Noise insulated glass. It keeps the car quiet and reflects heat. Can't tint panamera too as the glass between the panel and the glass are too tight.

Like someone from this Panamera family told me. Nothing is a must or missing options. As long as it suits you and your budget.

Hope this helps. Good luck
Old 11-17-2017, 12:12 AM
knowspin
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Two options I did stay away from when ordering my wife's P4 are the air suspension and the rear wheel steering. I know the air suspension has a definite shelf life and when it goes it's very expensive to replace. She will keep the car for years and with the few miles she drives she won't miss it.

I don't know about the rear wheel steering, but it just seems like something that could be problematic down the road. I remember back in the 80's we test drove a Honda Prelude that had rear wheel steering. It was impressive, but we didn't buy the car for other reasons.

My wife's car is also agate gray with black/bordeau leather and the walnut trim and steering wheel (it looks great on the configurator). We got the premium plus and assistance packages, and the surround view park assist w/ power steering plus. There's a few other things tossed in there as well. I left the wheels the standard 19".

One correction, the premium plus package is $2400 more than the premium.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:01 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knowspin
Two options I did stay away from when ordering my wife's P4 are the air suspension and the rear wheel steering. I know the air suspension has a definite shelf life and when it goes it's very expensive to replace. She will keep the car for years and with the few miles she drives she won't miss it.

I don't know about the rear wheel steering, but it just seems like something that could be problematic down the road. I remember back in the 80's we test drove a Honda Prelude that had rear wheel steering. It was impressive, but we didn't buy the car for other reasons.

My wife's car is also agate gray with black/bordeau leather and the walnut trim and steering wheel (it looks great on the configurator). We got the premium plus and assistance packages, and the surround view park assist w/ power steering plus. There's a few other things tossed in there as well. I left the wheels the standard 19".

One correction, the premium plus package is $2400 more than the premium.
Sorry to confuse you. I wasn't saying that the difference between "premium package" and "premium package plus" was $530. What I meant to say was that the total price difference is $530.

This is the link to your build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCANHK6 , which costs $115080

This is the link with Premium Package Plus: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ6I4XM8 , which costs $115610.

With the difference of $530, you get soft close doors and Seat Heating (Front and Rear). It's a no-brainer for me but this is just my opinion. Good luck!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:38 PM
theCayenne
Intermediate

Thank you everyone for you input! I've actually decided to go with the e-Hybrid (same basic spec as the P4)

Quick Reply: P4 ordered and a couple of questions!