Panamera 2010-Current

Who would take the Sport Turismo in a stick

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 07:27 PM
Johnny Mayday
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Who would take the Sport Turismo in a stick

Simply from a styling perspective, I think Porsche hit it out of the park with the new Sport Turismo... It seems like a real nod to enthusiasts looking for a wicked wagon that'll take care of business in the twisties. That said, I have to wonder how many takers there would have been if a six-speed was offered. What do you think? Would you have opted for the manual if it had been on the options list?
Old 09-25-2017, 08:23 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I would not have gone for stick. I have some manual cars in the garage and With this car, apart from a deliberate couple of days tracking it in its first weeks,

I expect it will not see a track again.

I do not think of it as a sports cars but an autobahn stormer. Would be nice to have the option of course, but I am comfortable my with spec on the turbo Sport Turismo. Looking forward to it:
Old 09-25-2017, 10:57 PM
gtr
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Not for this car. It is too comfortable for a stick, most manual cars I get are small sporty cars and if I want a sporty feel it'll be a GT3. Different level altogether. With the turismo I love that sport feel making it a bearable super luxury car so I can be comfortable and not hate it. I would hate a SClass because it's horrible to drive.

I feel the question should be asked is who would take a sport turismo with an auto drive function.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:13 PM
TAG ceo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess I may be the minority here, but I don't understand why anyone would want a manual anymore. I understand the argument for a stick back in the day but now the auto manuals are faster and offer the same amount of control/engagement if you wish to paddle shift or shift manually. After having not driven one in years I was asked to drive one for my nephew whom is away at school. Let me preface by saying it was during a chicago rush hour but it was one of the most unpleasant experiences.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:52 PM
Johnny Mayday
Rennlist Town Crier

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TAG ceo
Guess I may be the minority here, but I don't understand why anyone would want a manual anymore. I understand the argument for a stick back in the day but now the auto manuals are faster and offer the same amount of control/engagement if you wish to paddle shift or shift manually. After having not driven one in years I was asked to drive one for my nephew whom is away at school. Let me preface by saying it was during a chicago rush hour but it was one of the most unpleasant experiences.
Going back to one in rush hour must have been pretty lame, for sure. And I know they can be a pain, but I just think it's a lot more fun. That said, I didn't complain about having a couple of autos when I lived in LA.

Quick Reply: Who would take the Sport Turismo in a stick