Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Just installed the VR tune on 2010 PTT - WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 03:13 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Just installed the VR tune on 2010 PTT - WOW!!

I absolutely love my PTT and with 500 hp it's hard to imagine I ever needed more power, but after driving NA Audi quattro's for the past 12 years or so (S8, S5, A8L W12) I was not thrilled w/ the PTT's turbo lag in Comfort mode. In sport the car drove much better but for daily driving seemed to be always on the boil so to speak.

After conducting my research I opted for the IPD plenum and the VR tune from Vivid - they were absolutely great to work with and ensured my complete satisfaction. The IPD installed w/o any issues but my ECU struggled to accept the Mod file via the OBDII port, so after several attempts I removed the ECU and shipped it to Vivid for the flash process.

I drove the car w/ just the IPD plenum for about 2 weeks and while I didn't feel a big difference, the car definitely seemed to breathe easier both at low end and at the upper end of the tach. Austin at Vivid gave me a great price since I purchased the tune as well (at a very nice discount thanks to Rennlist!).

The VR tune absolutely transforms the PTT driving experience - I can't believe Porsche didn't deliver the car this way it seems so perfect. The turbo lag is virtually gone now in comfort mode and it drives almost like a NA motor but of course with turbo thrust. The PDK gear shifts are buttery smooth as the power just builds and builds - the mid-range pull is significant. I've only had one chance to put the pedal to the floor, for several seconds on a very steep mountain grade climbing out of Georgetown and 100 mph came up VERY quickly.

When driving in Sport mode, the power is insane. Just a constant whooshing sound as your back gets pressed into the seats under a tidal wave of power - just incredible!

If you have a stock PTT you owe it to yourself to drive one w/ a VR tune - the car remains docile around town with no apparent change to the power plant. I could not be happier - cheers!

Quick Reply: Just installed the VR tune on 2010 PTT - WOW!!