Sport Turismo delayed due to EPA certification - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > Panamera
Reload this Page > Sport Turismo delayed due to EPA certification
Notices

Sport Turismo delayed due to EPA certification

Old 08-22-2017, 02:32 AM
CowboyRoy
User

Default Sport Turismo delayed due to EPA certification

Just got word from PCNA that the Sport Turismo deliveries will be delayed until at least mid-late January due to EPA certification.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:24 PM
justabout
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bunch of 991 buyers went through this already. You have to wonder what has changed to cause this. What was the expected delivery before this? You have more patience than I would.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:33 PM
SaratogaLefty
User

I just received an email from Porsche indicating my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid is being delayed 8-12 weeks from original delivery date which in my case was August 25th. So per the email now looking at late October to late November. Email didn't identify the reason for the delay.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:15 AM
DMoore
User

I placed my Sport Turismo Turbo order about 6 weeks ago and was given a delivery date of 12/22, although the order didn't "lock" until today. A couple of days ago I went in to the dealer to change just a couple of details on the order, and was told the eta is now 2/2.

Salesman said the EPA hold only affects e-Hybrids, but had no explanation at all for the delay for my car. I wonder when I'll really see it?

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS7, eventually to be...
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo
Old 08-28-2017, 04:52 PM
TAG ceo
User

I ordered a sport turismo turbo in April, it was originally supposed to be delivered in October, which them pushed to November and then till end of December. As of Friday it was pushed to February of next year. This is my third panamera and the first one I've built to order. The process has been a frikin nightmare, maybe even bad enough for me to jump brands. The worst part is no one really seems to care about making things right. I guess it's a good problem to have when the demand is high and the supply is low, but it's not a great way to earn loyal life long customers.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:57 PM
gtr
User

Are you sure all sport turismo will be delayed till January next year? I went from hybrid to base since eta is November pending hold. If January I may go something else or just wait.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:57 PM
TAG ceo
User

I don't think you'll see many if any this year. The only way to really know is to ask your dealer, and then take that with a grain of salt.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:43 AM
gtr
User

Originally Posted by TAG ceo View Post
I don't think you'll see many if any this year. The only way to really know is to ask your dealer, and then take that with a grain of salt.
Their best guess is December/January for the base model due to their availability. It was my lease favorite but after finding out all the Turismo except turbo has 390mm brakes which is a bonus and should be a great winter and daily. Are you getting rear steer? That and Burmester I need to decide soon before locking in.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:14 PM
TAG ceo
User

I ordered a pretty heavily optioned sport turismo turbo in April - which upon the latest news is delivery in January. I did order Burmester and rear steer with the sport package. I would make whatever changes you think you want ASAP, everytime I changed something small on mine even though the build had not started it delayed the delivery date
Old 09-04-2017, 04:12 PM
zeppomedio
New User

Default Delayed until April

I have a Sport Turismo e-Hybrid on order, and just got a letter in the mail from PCNA. Apparently they're estimating April 2018 as the earliest delivery date for the car, which had previously been estimated for Dec/Jan. Anyone else get one of these in the mail? It was more specific than the email which had originally said 8-12 weeks.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Wes Pringle
New User

Just finalizing my order for a 4S Sport Turismo. Was advised that I'd likely see a January/February delivery. Hopefully that's not wishful thinking - though in fairness it will be my 2nd car/daily driver so it's not like I'm stuck.

After agonizing over the Panamera vs the upcoming M5 - I was leaning M5 until I saw the Sport Turismo. Maybe not for everyone but personally I think it's stunning. Panamera it is.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:16 AM
CowboyRoy
User

I recently added the tinted headlights that just popped up on the configurator... no change in dates for me... still late January and I ordered mine first week of May. Another heavily optioned Sport Turismo Turbo.

I wanted to add deviated stitching; however, my advisor said that it would be pushed back quite a bit.

Although I have 4 other cars, outside of my wife's daily, none of them are a pleasure to drive day in and day out. I hope this gets greenlighted soon.

Originally Posted by TAG ceo View Post
I ordered a pretty heavily optioned sport turismo turbo in April - which upon the latest news is delivery in January. I did order Burmester and rear steer with the sport package. I would make whatever changes you think you want ASAP, everytime I changed something small on mine even though the build had not started it delayed the delivery date
Old 01-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Burnsie
New User

I ordered a Sport Turismo Turbo in July for November build. The first issue was the red interior was not going to be available for 2017 builds. So, I changed the interior color to a premium leather which Porsche waived the up charge on. The car was built in November and arrived to the US Jan 2 /3. The car is EPA certified but not CARB certified. CARB certification should happen in January for a February delivery. Porsche threw in another year of service because of the delay, which is really nothing. I always felt the delay was a possibility because there is no EPA info on the car at Porsche.com. Now, if the want to throw in the custom luggage like they did when the original Panamera was delayed I'd consider us even. I honestly am not concerned about the delay because of the weather / roads in CT right now. Keep it till April.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:56 PM
DMoore
User

Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
I ordered a Sport Turismo Turbo in July for November build. The first issue was the red interior was not going to be available for 2017 builds. So, I changed the interior color to a premium leather which Porsche waived the up charge on. The car was built in November and arrived to the US Jan 2 /3. The car is EPA certified but not CARB certified. CARB certification should happen in January for a February delivery. Porsche threw in another year of service because of the delay, which is really nothing. I always felt the delay was a possibility because there is no EPA info on the car at Porsche.com. Now, if the want to throw in the custom luggage like they did when the original Panamera was delayed I'd consider us even. I honestly am not concerned about the delay because of the weather / roads in CT right now. Keep it till April.
Dated December 19, Porsche sent a notice to their dealers (I have a copy) stating that Sport Turismo EPA cetification is not expected until March, and that CARB certification is "likely April." According to my dealer this past weekend, they've received no newer word. I know that Porsche sent an email to many customers extending the free service period. That email indicated delays until February, but it came out only a day or two after December 19. My Turbo Sport Turismo has been on the dock in San Diego since 12/7 and the latest word from dealer remains "April."

I have seen claims that the Sport Turismo is now EPA certified, but I have seen nothing to corroborate those claims. I hope they're true and that the process has been accelerated by a couple of months, but I'm skeptical. When does anything involving the Government ever take less time than anticipated?

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS7
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo, just sitting, waiting...
Old 01-10-2018, 11:13 AM
TAG ceo
User

I ordered my Sport Turismo Turbo in April of last year and have been dealing with all the delays as well. For what it's worth my dealer called last week and said that they have passed EPA certification and that the car should be at their location in a couple weeks - I too have no documentation supporting this and honestly don't care at this point. I was really excited about this car, but 10 months of excuses and waiting has made the excitement fade.