PDK in Panamera (2017) - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

PDK in Panamera (2017)

Old 01-07-2018, 04:34 PM
New User

Yes, regularly at the start and when slowing down close to stop, but quickly shifting up while accelerating..
Old 01-19-2018, 09:38 PM
New User

I have the same "clunking" noise when downshifting, but in addition I have some weird noise when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear on high rpms. Has anyone noticed such sound?
Old 01-20-2018, 12:14 PM

PDK is a dual clutch performance transmission versus Tiptonic or other hydraulic transmissions. With the PDK, up-shift and down-shift will be quicker and more abrupt...progressively from Normal, Sport to Sport+ mode. Sport+ is generally too aggressive for street driving.

There may be a way to do a PDK reset, so it relearns your driving habits. See this thread, post #7.

With first generation 970 Panamera, the PDK will go only start in 1st gear if in Sport+ mode or manually shifted to 1st gear. Same for second generation 971?
Old 01-31-2018, 07:00 PM
john rock

My 18 Turbo, is in again today for PDK clunk at stop in normal, like on a manual you forgot to put in clutch until last second during stop. Last week they replaced 2 pressure sensors, that did not fix it. On the way to dealer yesterday after about 200 miles of driving for the first time since bought it was perfect. They have a Porsche US manager in today, he drove was good but as drive was ending the clunk is back. They are now in touch with Germany and doing a force calibration. The car also has had a clunk and 200 RPM jump in 7 & 8th under light throttle. No new codes were thrown after new sensors were instaed. At first we thought t learned after sensors were fixed, now back to square one. Has about 1,200 miles on it. If you are interested I will post outcome