Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

PDK in Panamera (2017)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 04:34 PM
cool_kosmo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, regularly at the start and when slowing down close to stop, but quickly shifting up while accelerating..
Old 01-19-2018, 09:38 PM
Artur
1st Gear

I have the same "clunking" noise when downshifting, but in addition I have some weird noise when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear on high rpms. Has anyone noticed such sound?
Old 01-20-2018, 12:14 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

PDK is a dual clutch performance transmission versus Tiptonic or other hydraulic transmissions. With the PDK, up-shift and down-shift will be quicker and more abrupt...progressively from Normal, Sport to Sport+ mode. Sport+ is generally too aggressive for street driving.

There may be a way to do a PDK reset, so it relearns your driving habits. See this thread, post #7.

With first generation 970 Panamera, the PDK will go only start in 1st gear if in Sport+ mode or manually shifted to 1st gear. Same for second generation 971?
Old 01-31-2018, 07:00 PM
john rock
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My 18 Turbo, is in again today for PDK clunk at stop in normal, like on a manual you forgot to put in clutch until last second during stop. Last week they replaced 2 pressure sensors, that did not fix it. On the way to dealer yesterday after about 200 miles of driving for the first time since bought it was perfect. They have a Porsche US manager in today, he drove was good but as drive was ending the clunk is back. They are now in touch with Germany and doing a force calibration. The car also has had a clunk and 200 RPM jump in 7 & 8th under light throttle. No new codes were thrown after new sensors were instaed. At first we thought t learned after sensors were fixed, now back to square one. Has about 1,200 miles on it. If you are interested I will post outcome
Old 04-18-2018, 04:20 PM
SnakeBitten
Advanced

Originally Posted by john rock
My 18 Turbo, is in again today for PDK clunk at stop in normal, like on a manual you forgot to put in clutch until last second during stop. Last week they replaced 2 pressure sensors, that did not fix it. On the way to dealer yesterday after about 200 miles of driving for the first time since bought it was perfect. They have a Porsche US manager in today, he drove was good but as drive was ending the clunk is back. They are now in touch with Germany and doing a force calibration. The car also has had a clunk and 200 RPM jump in 7 & 8th under light throttle. No new codes were thrown after new sensors were instaed. At first we thought t learned after sensors were fixed, now back to square one. Has about 1,200 miles on it. If you are interested I will post outcome
Hello, what was the outcome of this for you? Having some issues as well.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:42 PM
john rock
Advanced

Snake Bitten, they had to put in a new transmission and it is great now. I posted in another post about the miserable situation of the car being in the shop for 47 days while they had to fly in two technitions from Porsche, later send to Porsche a film of what was happening and when they were told to send a write-up of how my car drove verses a good one I went bat-**** yelling to put in a new module or trans. They got Porsche to send a new trans and just incase a new module. Did not need to put in the computer, however the job is massive dropped the engine out of car, broke the drive shaft had to get a new one, more delays. Shocking it runs great now have put about 1,000 miles on it since getting it back. Good Luck don't get an ulcer.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:50 AM
SnakeBitten
Advanced

Originally Posted by john rock
Snake Bitten, they had to put in a new transmission and it is great now. I posted in another post about the miserable situation of the car being in the shop for 47 days while they had to fly in two technitions from Porsche, later send to Porsche a film of what was happening and when they were told to send a write-up of how my car drove verses a good one I went bat-**** yelling to put in a new module or trans. They got Porsche to send a new trans and just incase a new module. Did not need to put in the computer, however the job is massive dropped the engine out of car, broke the drive shaft had to get a new one, more delays. Shocking it runs great now have put about 1,000 miles on it since getting it back. Good Luck don't get an ulcer.
Thanks for the quick response! While I'm glad to hear all is good now, I'm sad to hear it took this much effort to get it resolved. I'm really trying to be patient but I'm on my 4th dealer visit and about to lose it myself. I hate to whine, but I didn't pay this much money for a car to have this experience.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:22 PM
john rock
Advanced

Snake Bitten not sure if this good for me to do, but you might have your dealer call the service manager that knows all about my car issues and fix. Dealer is Park Place Porsche Dallas TX.

His dealer profile:

Mark Giardina Service Manager

Mark graduated high school with a passion for cars. After attending UTI, he was offered a trainee technician position in 2006. He worked as a technician until 2010 until his promotion to team leader. Mark obtained Gold Meister technician certification in 2013 and was promoted again to Shop Foreman, where he stayed until 2016 when he was promoted to his current role of Service Manager.

Phone: 214.525.5415 • Email: MGiardina@parkplace.com

Old 12-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Djpeaksd
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Artur
I have the same "clunking" noise when downshifting, but in addition I have some weird noise when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear on high rpms. Has anyone noticed such sound?
Super old I know but I am experiencing a weird like hooting/blow off valve type sound at high rpms when shifting into 3rd. Can you explain what you were or are hearing?
Thanks
Old 10-20-2021, 06:55 AM
JS0914
3rd Gear

Hey Artur! I have a 2018 panamera turbo and have the same issue about 2nd to 3rd gear noise around 4000 rpms. Did you ever found out what's issue cost it. Thank you man.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:56 AM
JS0914
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Artur
Hey Artur! I have a 2018 panamera turbo and have the same issue about 2nd to 3rd gear noise around 4000 rpms. Did you ever found out what's issue cost it. Thank you man.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:35 AM
Kowyee
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nov 2019 Bought a used Porsche 2012 panamera with (83k-86k km) from my local Porsche dealer eurokars Singapore. Was told by Porsche staff it’s fully maintained by Porsche workshop since the day it’s registered. 1st week when I received the car I noticed, the rear air condition starts giving out hot air and the car at starts to jerk at 16km-19km speed , as it’s under warranty I send the car to Porsche to check, 3 times they say it’s fine , and doesn’t fix any of the problem. As there’s a covid lock down, we seldom drove the car , and after driving 3000km the entire engine failed , and it’s within the 1year warranty period, but Porsche still says it’s not their responsibility and made me pay for the repair. By then it’s 88-89k km on the mileage. Last night 1nov 2021 , the car suddenly stopped with I’m still driving , send in again to Porsche , now they tell me I have replace the entire pDK transmission, reason is , they blame me for not changing the transmission oil at 90k km! When the car have the major engine failure last year, None of the expert from Porsche company advise Nor say about transmission!! Now I’m told the transmission have to be replace. From the very very first day till last night NONE PORSCHE STAFF OR SALES OR PEROSN OR SERVICE ADVISOR TELLS ME ABOUT CHANGING TRANSMISSION OIL AT 90k km. Why I have to buy such a good car brand and have all these major issue. Porsche PDK Transmission will break down at 113k km mileages? Make me pay for engine failure repair even thouUnder warranty and now Porsche Singapore tells me transmission failure is oso not under warranty, I’m not arguing it’s or not under warranty, isn’t Porsche pdk transmission suppose to be One of the most reliable , not even a notice Nor warning sign , and breaks down immediately middle of road while driving , during the major failure repair done by Porsche last year April-May 2020, NON SALES OR SERVICE ADVISOR SAY ABOUT TRANSMISSION OIL ETC THEY HAVE RECORD THAT MY CAR TOTALLY BROKE DOWN AT 88-89k km. I’m very disappointed!!!!! And now they simply reply it’s not under warranty !! Joke? Porsche PDK Transmissions totally failure at 113000 km. It’s manufacturer quality or bad service quality. My family owned n driven 10-15 cars all mileage over 250k-730k Km , none have transmission total failure !

Every failure or faults parts your company says is wear n tear or say we didn’t take care n maintain the car. Totally no responsible For customer., sell us faulty and dangerous car cause so much inconveniences and wants us to pay full amount for your mistake. Make sense to your company , don’t make sense to every one I spoke to. We know it already happened, no choice it have to be repair /fix. I’m asking you , You Porsche dare charge me full 100% for the repair to make profit ? Now car is at your place , whatever you say now we have no choice , youre threatening me in a nice way. Share this entire story from 1st day I bought the car till yest it broke down again, only your people within Porsche will think I’m need pay full responsibility for this engine n transmission failure, only all this ppl working at Porsche. Drove it near 2 year sure there’s weird sound coming from engine / suspension etc , as a normal human , we know this is a pre owned 11yr car , sure not perfect, u check your record did I make any complaint , I even bring my frds to your show room to buy car and my younger brother bought a Gt3 after I bought my first Porsche from “your certified pre owned at Leng kee”.

who is the problem now , me , the car or the service. Definitely I won’t and don’t have this much extra money to fix this pdk transmission that fail at 113k km. What’s your Company solution. Say sorry and I tow away the car back, or I just tow away. Send to your entire company staff or other Car brand Staff. This is normal or will think this quality unacceptable.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:01 AM
Nish
3rd Gear

Default Can bad Battery cause these PDK issues?

So my technician ran other checks on my Porsche Panamera 4 which was throwing these error codes: P1731, P1732, P1735, and P1736. He mentioned that the battery health was at 58%. What could be the most probable reason my car started showing transmission error, Check Engine Light, start-stop operation not available warning message? It was stuck in 3rd gear; then after sitting for 2 days it drove normally for 2-3 miles (city driving) then got stuck in 7th gear. When I tried to run it from a complete stop it picked up speed but gave me a low voltage error for a second. Any help would be really appreciated. If you know any qualified mechanics in Los Angeles Valley Area, please DM me. Thanks! 🙏

Old 04-12-2024, 02:19 AM
tehransfinest
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

could you please share how you resolved it, i also have the same issue.

Originally Posted by DrWoa
I have 4.3k miles and had the dealer recalbrate my transmission about 3 weeks ago. Shifting from 1-2 felt bad at any speed. They messed with the fluid levels and there was a code inside of the PDK that basically said it had never self-calibrated or "trained" itself. I'll post what the fix was but it feels much better now. I have a 2018 PTT

Quick Reply: PDK in Panamera (2017)