PDK in Panamera (2017) - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

PDK in Panamera (2017)

Old 01-07-2018, 05:34 PM
cool_kosmo
New User

Yes, regularly at the start and when slowing down close to stop, but quickly shifting up while accelerating..
Old 01-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Artur
New User

I have the same "clunking" noise when downshifting, but in addition I have some weird noise when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear on high rpms. Has anyone noticed such sound?
Old 01-20-2018, 01:14 PM
dudecs
User

PDK is a dual clutch performance transmission versus Tiptonic or other hydraulic transmissions. With the PDK, up-shift and down-shift will be quicker and more abrupt...progressively from Normal, Sport to Sport+ mode. Sport+ is generally too aggressive for street driving.

There may be a way to do a PDK reset, so it relearns your driving habits. See this thread, post #7.

With first generation 970 Panamera, the PDK will go only start in 1st gear if in Sport+ mode or manually shifted to 1st gear. Same for second generation 971?
Old 01-31-2018, 08:00 PM
john rock
User

My 18 Turbo, is in again today for PDK clunk at stop in normal, like on a manual you forgot to put in clutch until last second during stop. Last week they replaced 2 pressure sensors, that did not fix it. On the way to dealer yesterday after about 200 miles of driving for the first time since bought it was perfect. They have a Porsche US manager in today, he drove was good but as drive was ending the clunk is back. They are now in touch with Germany and doing a force calibration. The car also has had a clunk and 200 RPM jump in 7 & 8th under light throttle. No new codes were thrown after new sensors were instaed. At first we thought t learned after sensors were fixed, now back to square one. Has about 1,200 miles on it. If you are interested I will post outcome
Old 04-18-2018, 05:20 PM
SnakeBitten
User

Originally Posted by john rock View Post
My 18 Turbo, is in again today for PDK clunk at stop in normal, like on a manual you forgot to put in clutch until last second during stop. Last week they replaced 2 pressure sensors, that did not fix it. On the way to dealer yesterday after about 200 miles of driving for the first time since bought it was perfect. They have a Porsche US manager in today, he drove was good but as drive was ending the clunk is back. They are now in touch with Germany and doing a force calibration. The car also has had a clunk and 200 RPM jump in 7 & 8th under light throttle. No new codes were thrown after new sensors were instaed. At first we thought t learned after sensors were fixed, now back to square one. Has about 1,200 miles on it. If you are interested I will post outcome
Hello, what was the outcome of this for you? Having some issues as well.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 PM
john rock
User

Snake Bitten, they had to put in a new transmission and it is great now. I posted in another post about the miserable situation of the car being in the shop for 47 days while they had to fly in two technitions from Porsche, later send to Porsche a film of what was happening and when they were told to send a write-up of how my car drove verses a good one I went bat-**** yelling to put in a new module or trans. They got Porsche to send a new trans and just incase a new module. Did not need to put in the computer, however the job is massive dropped the engine out of car, broke the drive shaft had to get a new one, more delays. Shocking it runs great now have put about 1,000 miles on it since getting it back. Good Luck don't get an ulcer.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:50 PM
SnakeBitten
User

Originally Posted by john rock View Post
Snake Bitten, they had to put in a new transmission and it is great now. I posted in another post about the miserable situation of the car being in the shop for 47 days while they had to fly in two technitions from Porsche, later send to Porsche a film of what was happening and when they were told to send a write-up of how my car drove verses a good one I went bat-**** yelling to put in a new module or trans. They got Porsche to send a new trans and just incase a new module. Did not need to put in the computer, however the job is massive dropped the engine out of car, broke the drive shaft had to get a new one, more delays. Shocking it runs great now have put about 1,000 miles on it since getting it back. Good Luck don't get an ulcer.
Thanks for the quick response! While I'm glad to hear all is good now, I'm sad to hear it took this much effort to get it resolved. I'm really trying to be patient but I'm on my 4th dealer visit and about to lose it myself. I hate to whine, but I didn't pay this much money for a car to have this experience.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:22 PM
john rock
User

Snake Bitten not sure if this good for me to do, but you might have your dealer call the service manager that knows all about my car issues and fix. Dealer is Park Place Porsche Dallas TX.

His dealer profile:

Mark Giardina Service Manager

Mark graduated high school with a passion for cars. After attending UTI, he was offered a trainee technician position in 2006. He worked as a technician until 2010 until his promotion to team leader. Mark obtained Gold Meister technician certification in 2013 and was promoted again to Shop Foreman, where he stayed until 2016 when he was promoted to his current role of Service Manager.

Phone: 214.525.5415 • Email: [email protected]

Old 12-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Djpeaksd
User

Originally Posted by Artur View Post
I have the same "clunking" noise when downshifting, but in addition I have some weird noise when the car shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear on high rpms. Has anyone noticed such sound?
Super old I know but I am experiencing a weird like hooting/blow off valve type sound at high rpms when shifting into 3rd. Can you explain what you were or are hearing?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PDK in Panamera (2017)

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: